Wasted afternoon.

Pigeon Shredder.

One of my permission owners asked if l could see a family friend of there's as they are inundated with Magpies and Rabbit's and wanted them attended too.

So today l went to see the owners.

First off was the security gates and the barking dogs, l let the owners know l was there via the intercom and they advised that l waited while they got the dogs in!!

Gates opened and introductions take place, shown around the areas that are requiring my attention and l'm ok to stroll around to see where the Rabbit's are coming from, check back stops, see what's behind the areas that will be shot over, in this case nothing for a very long way so no problems there.

Choose a position that gives me a clear view over the area that the Rabbit's are coming into the paddocks and settled down for some bunny bashing, next thing l'm confronted by a how shall we say politely, two large salivating dogs who don't know me and l don't know them, some xxxxxxx,s let them out, oh my oh my!

Now this isn't how the afternoon is supposed to be going and l'm retreating back to the car when the owner arrives and admonished his dogs, made me feel better , not!

So he locks them back in and l resume my position, movement about 75mt's out sees the first bunny of the afternoon taken care of and a crafty fox is spied coming in from the left hand hedgerow, as l sight up on him l'm surprised by a not so crafty pair of xxxxxxxg dogs coming my way making a not so welcoming amount of noise, fox takes a left l take another retreat back to the car.

Ring the owner and ask him to retrieve his dogs as l need to collect my kit and leave as l cannot shoot under these conditions, dogs again duly collected and l pack my kit into the car and set off toward the security gates to await being let out.

When l'm parked up waiting to be let out the owner comes over and asks when l will be back? 

Work that one out for yourselves fellers, it may be some time.

• 2 months later...