JSB Exact Monsters??

That will be due to the sectional density of the heavier 10.3 grn .177pellet. Making it penetrate more on pigeon bodies and getting through to the vitals .

I also find that for pigeons my bsa will drop them better with a bis mag (10.4 grn ) over the 9.5 grn hunter extreems .

But for head shot rabbits the extreems are far far better for instant kills over the bismags .

Perfect example of quarry dictating the best pellet. And not accuracy or poi .

Luckily extreems and bismags shoot to exactly the same poi and trajectory for both pellets out of my gun so I carry both types in mags and swap between them as different quarry presents. 

Perfect .

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I have now gone over totally to shooting the 10.3s in my TX200 and they are super accurate and do the job. You can hear the THUNK at 30yrds on a hit on a barn pigeon.

At present killing must more effectively than the .22 VMX  14.66gr from the AA200.

cant fault accupells in my .22, never shot many pigeons but plenty of ferals, rabbits and squirrels body(20 mtr) and head at up to 35 mtr same with bisley superfield really good accurate and really hit things hard, just they didn't load well from the mag on my rapid.

I use them in my .25 caliber Air Ranger running around 44 ft/lb. To date I've only Shot Magpies, Squirrels, and pigeons. The furthest being a pigeon out to 70 yards. I've had no fliers... Shoots pretty flat out to 70 yards, and i get a nice reassuring Thwack of the pellets, hitting hard. All quarry has dropped on the spot. So far anyhow...

atb

James

2 hours ago, jam1e said:

I use them in my .25 caliber Air Ranger running around 44 ft/lb. To date I've only Shot Magpies, Squirrels, and pigeons. The furthest being a pigeon out to 70 yards. I've had no fliers... Shoots pretty flat out to 70 yards, and i get a nice reassuring Thwack of the pellets, hitting hard. All quarry has dropped on the spot. So far anyhow...

atb

James

As per my wolverine James:

days11.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just spend an afternoon testing the JSB 8Gn vs 10.3Gn Heavies vs 13Gn Monsters. Highly impressed with both the 8Gn and 10Gn, the latter being my favourite. I'm not normally a fan of 8Gn but their performance was excellent and only 1/2 mildot off from the 10Gn heavies without touching the scope; so switching between the two is an option. I only went out to 40 yards but both nailed the targets at ease.

The Monsters had a totally different trajectory and I struggled to find its zero mark. I didn't want to touch my scope settings so the zero had moved from 30 yds to somewhere around 15! They only just fit into the magazine but I suspect they spin or something in the air; their ballistics was different - slightly left compared to the other pellets. To use these I would have to use a very different set up so back in the cupboard they go.

Nice way to spend an afternoon though :yes:

20 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Monsters at 13 grns and beasts at 16 grns .are a waste of time and air .even in fac airguns. 

Not everyone with an air gun uses them to dispatch quarry clinically at extreme distance. Some people will dispatch pests in traps or boxes. I'd say that 13grn and 16grns would do that perfectly.

BUT, what's the point when a 8 will cleanly kill a squirrel in a trap, do it fairly regularly with my TX200.  For general use out to 35-40yrds I now use the Exact 10s and find they are both accurate and kill cleanly on barn pigeons, magpies and squirrels.  I now use the Webley Mosquito Express 14.35s in ny 22 AA200 PCP to great effect. If I need anyhting more powerful then out comes the 17HMR.

1 hour ago, Pistol p said:

Not everyone with an air gun uses them to dispatch quarry clinically at extreme distance. Some people will dispatch pests in traps or boxes. I'd say that 13grn and 16grns would do that perfectly.

Why .? 

Why would a 16 grn .177 dispatch a squirrel  better than say an 8 grn pellet? 

And why would you load. A 16 grn in your gun just for that when you have a mag full for 8 grn pellets .

That makes zero sense 

Unless I'm missing something ?? 

Unless you need the extra penetration of the heavier pellet. For something like a fox , pig or raccoon  ? 

But I would still reccomend strongly against doing so. 

Ultrastu 1st time that I have heard you mention sectional density . I am struggling to find squirrels at the moment but got three magpies with .22 Powapels this afternoon, Walker 570 has interested me in Webley Mosquito Express as they are only.05 of a grain heavier than Accupel or Powapel