Armi brescia gardone vt

Ausgun

Phillip in australia...i have a sbs shot gun made in gardone italiy...verry hi grade...have read on this site abit on its maker and the same thing over and over the web....but dosnt anyone have more information on this maker.please.i have sent a request to the museum in gardone.as they have a full set of gun makers guns and there makers to that area.the gun was made buy arturo mino armi...it can be seen on the world web..if you google his name.its been engraved all over the receaver what looks to be like fish scales...27.5 barrels.it made its way to australia buy a german man..then he sold it...and i aquired it.prices for the guns are hi and low...not much is found on the web and from books in australia.i have tryed..i have found out there hand made..and the gun site was in operation from1945 to 1980..my gun has the markings of xx9..referance i think to 1973.i have alot of old books and nothing on this maker os in it.the engraving was done buy a company called ....cabroli inc....i can find no reference to this place.can anyone please help...most hand made guns have a makers lable as well ....cant find one.

Edited by Ausgun
More info

If you google..armi brescia gardone vt..or arturo mino armi...you will come across pictures on the web ..mine is there...hard to find out more information on this maker..must be listed in a book somewhere.my laptop is not working and phone is only way of communicating at presant ..not that good..will try later

I have a 16g folding Gardone ,its their version of Birmingham one of the main gun making towns in Italy.This may be why info is scarce Armi Brecsia made have put their name on it but it could well be a "trade" made gun by 1 of the many gunsmiths in that town .With my 16g the lack of information was similar to yours ,other than it being made in Gardone the actual smith /family name is not on record atb and good luck

Its a very interesting gun .we do know there was a gun shop ran buy arturo mino armi...and we do know there was a top barrel maker there....as well.just think that the steel that was used in there guns would have been the same steel used in a gladiators sword...as the steel used came from the same area.we know the steel is of high quality.some one would have a book on the guns..i have alot of old gun book but do not show italian guns my books go back to the 50.s..maybe some older person at bereta may have some knowledge.but getting help...mmmm may be hard.still waiting on the info from gardone museum..

I was thinking that if anyone has a friend italian that can send a letter there to the museum in gardone....we all may get a reply sooner.the museum holds all records of the gun making in the area.its abit like the founderies steel works of Sheffield in the uk...i have a big knife collection from all over the world.and have a big interest in steels..Sheffield had alot of steel makers in there area.and i have at least 20 brands of knifes with different logos.same thing with german steel.ice hardened...made were the steel works were in Germany and were the bouncing bomb was let off.good steel came from different areas around the world.the list gos on and on..i did find a add for the armi brescia gardone shotgun..and had what looks to be a coppy of a bereta pistol.on a closer look the safety is in a different location.so i cheched my books to see if the Beretta and the army was the same.there different.will keep looking.

Hawkfanz ..no my gun is verry heavey Ingraved xx9 ..1973.mod....same stock..