Is vaping bad for you

mattyg1086

Full of chemicals.Chemicals that do not belong in your lungs.I lost my maw to COPD a few years back,the most horrible death  you can imagine.I did not want my boy to see me die that way.I stopped smoking there and then.The vaping manufacturers are making money just like the tobacco manufacturers.And just like the tobacco manufacturers did back in the 60's they will tell you its safe enough .My lungs are messed up m8,too late for me but if you can --- stay away from vapes of any kind.

Vaping is now generally accepted as being "much safer than smoking" or "much less dangerous than smoking". 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-41333537

Vaping is about to be recommended by health professionals as an effective and arguably more effective route, to quitting cigarettes. 

It's not going to be good for you, but it isn't anywhere as bad as smoking. That said I wouldn't start vaping unless I was trying to quit the tabs. Nicotine isn't the problem per se, it's the 3900 other chemicals in fag smoke and the plethora of issues they cause. 

Probably, but also probably less so than the real thing. 

A couple of colleagues switched over and went from smoking ten a day to the equivalent of over a hundred a day. Cheap, convenient, and enjoyable they tell me. Neither were looking to stop smoking they were looking to save time and money. 

2 hours ago, mattyg1086 said:

Is vaping nicotine free oil bad for you?  Are the vapes actually safe?

You decide. Some of the chemicals in them are the same as in insecticides that were withdrawn years ago.

Just give if you do it?

Edited by old man

There is little doubt that it is 'harmful'. - The question is 'how harmful'?  That it is less harmful than tobacco seems to be generally agreed, but I don't think anyone in a knowledgeable position would suggest it is harmless.  As a way of quitting cigarettes, it has a place (ideally at the bottom of the car park!)

I suspect that (like diesel fumes) some bright spark will, in due course, find harmful aspects.  Add to that that I can see no point at all in 'nicotine free' vaping - and the smell of some of them (like sweet bubblegum) is enough to make one retch ........

Edited by JohnfromUK

Its not something i would recommend anyone starting, but i don't see it as any different than any other nicotine replacement product to help people stop smoking.  They all do the same thing in different ways deliver nicotine into your body without a cigarette.

6 hours ago, bishop said:

Full of chemicals.Chemicals that do not belong in your lungs.I lost my maw to COPD a few years back,the most horrible death  you can imagine.I did not want my boy to see me die that way.I stopped smoking there and then.The vaping manufacturers are making money just like the tobacco manufacturers.And just like the tobacco manufacturers did back in the 60's they will tell you its safe enough .My lungs are messed up m8,too late for me but if you can --- stay away from vapes of any kind.

So if someone can not stop smoking any other way, your advice don't vape just keep on smoking. 

Just now, poontang said:

Because they're simply not full of chemicals.

There is a lot in there in addition to water and air - flavours etc.  They are all chemicals

36 minutes ago, ordnance said:

What about chemical people inhale as medicines, are they not good for you. ?

Some people need medicines for illnesses and aliments; they would not be 'good' for healthy people.  Sometimes the medicine - even if harmful - is better than not taking it - Chemotherapy for example.

Vaping is believed to be better than cigarette smoke, but that doesn't mean it is 'good for you'.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

There is a lot in there in addition to water and air - flavours etc.  They are all chemicals

We're surrounded by chemicals in just about everything we eat and drink. You know the OP was claiming e-cigs are full of harmful chemicals... which they're not.

36 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Some people need medicines for illnesses and aliments; they would not be 'good' for healthy people.  Sometimes the medicine - even if harmful - is better than not taking it - Chemotherapy for example.

Vaping is believed to be better than cigarette smoke, but that doesn't mean it is 'good for you'.

I don't think anyone is saying its good for you, but better than the alternative. 

31 minutes ago, bishop said:

where did  i advise anyone to keep on smoking you muppet.He said nothing about not being able to quit smoking .

The fact is you don't know if it is harmful or not , so why are you posting its Chemicals that do not belong in your lungs, what Chemicals are you talking about. ? PS I I try not to post my opinion as facts unlike you as it can make you come across as a muppet.

44 minutes ago, poontang said:

We're surrounded by chemicals in just about everything we eat and drink. You know the OP was claiming e-cigs are full of harmful chemicals... which they're not.

I take your point, but I remain unconvinced that there is any justification for being certain the chemicals aren't 'harmful'.  The original poster asked

• "Is vaping nicotine free oil bad for you?" 
  • "Are the vapes actually safe?"

My simple answers would be

• Possibly - not proven
  • Possibly not - again not proven

Nicotine has long been used as an insecticide. Soaking cigarette butts in warm water then straining and spraying gets rid of insects. 

As for vaping you can buy medical grade stuff and make your own e cig liquid. The internet is full of recipes and links where to buy the products in bulk. 

Its certainly better than smoking

1 hour ago, bishop said:

vaping is not simply a way to stop its a way to start.That alone is enough reason to avoid it.I curse the man who would encourage someone to start smoking.

You would wonder how people started smoking before vaping, what evidence do you have that vaping is a factor on people starting smoking. ?

As an ex smoker and now vapist I can only comment on my experience,and that is once I stopped the fags within 2 weeks I felt a whole lot better, no breathlessness no coughing and no wheezing at night.

i still vape and if it is bad for you I certainly have had no side effects. As has been posted it’s got to be better than smoking fags.