Pheasant Shooting November 2017

Big Al

19 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

Very Nice, some cracking shots... that dog is great getting a bird form a tree.... top dog :good:

Thanks for sharing 

atb 

Terry

Thanks Terry. It's a pity you can't see the dog climbing into the tree - just too far away on video. I haven't seen him doing it before but for all I know he could have been doing it for a while! 

I was well impressed with him.

14 hours ago, mrpip said:

Another great video mate, you can see the bond between you and your dog,  my old girl is 11 now really slowed down but still manages a full day in the hide, can't leave her at home but don't push her to hard. Plus I would have no one to talk to ! 

Thanks. 

I talk to my dog too. I have always been lucky with dogs - and I get very fond of all of them. I must be an old softy.

The latest recruit is a yellow lab but is a bit "harder" than most of my dogs. We'll see how he gets on.

22 hours ago, evolution380 said:

Cracking spot of shooting!

Thanks - it is a great spot!

15 hours ago, ollie said:

Very nice as always Al. Your birds look in great shape.

Thanks Ollie.  The birds came a little earlier this year and have flown really well from the start.

A good entertaining video with some good shooting ,but if you are looking for something more rewarding  try shooting black powder  at driven birds using a sxs hammer gun ,it is living the past and one pheasant with black powder is worth several with nitro .

Feltwad 

IMG_0369.jpg

Edited by Feltwad

2 hours ago, Feltwad said:

A good entertaining video with some good shooting ,but if you are looking for something more rewarding  try shooting black powder  at driven birds using a sxs hammer gun ,it is living the past and one pheasant with black powder is worth several with nitro .

Feltwad 

IMG_0369.jpg

That does look appealing. I take it you home load? 

15 hours ago, Big Al said:

That does look appealing. I take it you home load? 

18 hours ago, Feltwad said:

Feltwad 

IMG_0369.jpg

do your pheasants come down ready cooked lol