Guy Martin WW1 Tank

figgy

refreshing change to the usual dross on the box, really enjoyed it until the part when some spineless sphincter put the block on showing it off in the city center.

made me blow a gasket,should be named and shamed ,,typical of the can't do ******** Britain we live in today.

Edited by Remimax

1 minute ago, Remimax said:

refreshing change to the usual dross on the box, really enjoyed it until the part when some spineless sphincter put the block on showing it off in the city center.

made me blow a gasket,should be name and shamed ,,typical ofthe can't do ******** Britain we live in today.

That's the stuff the people in 'authority' are made of these days .........

1 hour ago, Delwint said:

I don’t think I’ve watched one of his programmes and not found it interesting. He has an awkward way about him which just makes you smile 

Indeed.

For me he's entertaining and his enthusiasm is infectious. He comes across as a normal bloke, largely because, and despite his racing successes, he is. The fact he has chosen to remain effectively an amateur rider and has not gone into full time tv, saying "naw I like working on my trucks" kinda proves the point.  I'm sure if you were to sit and have a pint or a cuppa with him, he'd be no different to how he is on tv. I know the things I like him for, others find irritating, but each to their own.

Thanks to the OP, I'll be watching this one on catch-up. :good:

In all honesty, the amount of lateral control they had of it and damage to the paving then I’m not really surprised at the Councils/Police response.

There are  several raised flower beds to be negotiated on that part of the high street and they could have come the other, albeit shorter way, due to the weight restriction of the bridge.

The shopping comment was probably just Guy saying it in jest!

Do enjoy the programmes even if he only really has a small helping hand in most of the projects

I remember setting up a stall and seeing a tank (it may not be a tank tank to those that know about these things but it had tracks and a gun) do a neural turn in one of the NEC exhibition halls..... there was a lot a screaming and builders hoarding brought in for it to drive on and use as a skid plate ..... made a mess of the floor

Edited by ph5172

3 hours ago, Jaymo said:

In all honesty, the amount of lateral control they had of it and damage to the paving then I’m not really surprised at the Councils/Police response.

There are  several raised flower beds to be negotiated on that part of the high street and they could have come the other, albeit shorter way, due to the weight restriction of the bridge.

The shopping comment was probably just Guy saying it in jest!

Do enjoy the programmes even if he only really has a small helping hand in most of the projects

really? they built the thing from scratch and you reckon  transporting it to a city center  while missing a few flower beds & not chewing up the road  is beyond them.could easily have been towed to site on rollers/skids if control was poor.

end of the day its just an easy cop out to say no.

2 hours ago, ph5172 said:

I remember setting up a stall and seeing a tank (it may not be a tank tank to those that know about these things but it had tracks and a gun) do a neural turn in one of the NEC exhibition halls..... there was a lot a screaming and builders hoarding brought in for it to drive on and use as a skid plate ..... made a mess of the floor

yes that would be the no forward planning for the obvious .

Edited by Remimax

I really enjoyed the programme and think what they have achieved is pretty amazing. Must admit though watching them drive it I did think that narrow gap through Lincoln would of been interesting as they seemed to struggle to keep it on the straight road in France. It's very easy for people to assume it was some spineless HSE executive but I doubt putting the kibosh on such a massive project and putting the council in the firing line for some serious stick was an easy decision to make.

Ultimately I think the memorial in France was more fitting to the crews who fought in these tanks.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Usual pc brigade, no is always the easy way out, not too surpising considering the way this country's gone, it's amazing anything gets done these days.

PC Brigade...

Have you ever been to Lincoln or seen what a Tracked vehicle will do to block paving which a lot of the high street is!

Would love to work for you as it’s obvious your the epitome of efficiency in your life, if you judge everything else to be so poor.