Do your dogs know any commands?

WaterFortune

I realized just now that Arthur knows a couple of commands that aren't in standard wording--he knows "drop it" but he more consistently responds to "yucky!" when he's got something in his mouth he's not supposed to, and he doesn't actually know "stop" at all--you have to say "halt!" It was mostly accidental that he learned these commands (I would say "Yucky, yucky, drop it" when we first got him and I guess it just evolved into "yucky!", and I guess I just said "halt!" so many times that that's what he thinks is the standard command).

I also realized that he knows "where are my slippers?" which is kind of awesome. Considering he's the one who always hides them, it's a pretty useful command.

What fun commands do your dogs know?

Always trying to teach mine useful things to do on commands 

get the beer is probably the best one successfully taught ?

also does get the hat 

get your lead 

and give her a kiss 

im fortunate that a client trains helping hand dogs for injured and disabled people had some brilliant tips from her 

including turning on the light shutting the door and opening it 

all the best 

of 

My lad responds really well to '******* come here you ********' :lol::lol: all the usual sit, stay, paw. He knows shake so when he's wet I can get him to shake before he jumps in the car, took a while but worth it for soaking the Mrs :lol: who's there and he will go outside or to the door and bark. Down stairs he will run down and do the same, bedtime he knows very well :lol:

I say "ta" to our Mack instead of "drop it"

raised hand , he sits

downwards motion with hand and pointed Index finger , he lies down

flat hand , just in front of him he stops and sits and stays

and HEEL you stupid dog, he's still getting the hang of it lol lol

not the most orthodox hand signals etc, but he gets it ,so that's all that matters, he's only coming up to 6 months old .Hes gonna be my deer dog and stalking companion

flynny

23 hours ago, washerboy said:

Cooking funt is one of my usual commands...

several times a day when she decides to steal food or just jump up on the dinner table..or last week help herself to a pan of chilli because my 18 yr old son left the kitchen door open 

Like our springer and setter. The only two that can reach on the worktop. We never leave food out.

Found  a chewed up super glue tube on the floor after we came back from shopping and lunch out that had been on a worktop when we went out.

Checked all the dogs carefully to find only the chihuahua youngster with one of his front paws well glued. Fortunatley none had a glued mouth. 

Lots of careful clipping later and much cursing Brennes paw was clear if a bit pink. Glue now all carefully put in a drawer.

Edited by loriusgarrulus