Braidwood rifle range ,selkirk

besty57

It was £15 for the hour about 6 months back. Used it a few times. Really like it but its noisy so defo take plugs but they have em at reception if you forget. Its quite a large room which you get the key from reception. No one else has access unless you have company. All watched on cctv too!

16 hours ago, novice cushie shooter said:

It was £15 for the hour about 6 months back. Used it a few times. Really like it but its noisy so defo take plugs but they have em at reception if you forget. Its quite a large room which you get the key from reception. No one else has access unless you have company. All watched on cctv too!

Can I ask what calibre you were using,

17 hours ago, besty57 said:

Yeah ,it will be the first time on a pipe range,so I'll have to remember that,:good:

Tuned the car engine one Saturday afternoon leaving one little check until the following day as I knew we were going out for a run. Sunday morning was clays and when finished I went to the pipe range to zero the 22WMR. Coming back from our run out late afternoon, I pulled into a layby to just check the slow running. Jumped out with a screwdriver, opened the bonnet and couldn't hear the engine. Take care.

been up 5/6 times its good for load development as there is no wind at all to affect the round but you have to wear ear protection and my god do you need it .

its a little strange at first but if the computer target system is working ok its a damn good idea its roughly 120yds long

but the only down side is time flies when your enjoying yourself

oh and the café does decent food   

14 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Normally under ground range - like a big sewer tunnel although it doesn’t need to be too wide - around 100 yards ish normally.  

Gives a good echo by the sounds of it! 

yep spot on its a tunnel made with 6ft dia storm drain pipe approx. 120yds long with a brick built room at each end and as for the echo ........ you cant describe it but my god you can feel it !!

Edited by hodge911

Well went up yesterday and had a good time ,pipe range is excellent with computer screen to track your shots,

Also had a round on the clay ground.mainly sporting with some good stands.and Compaq sporting and skeet set up,and you can use them all on your own if you wish.

Caters for the beginner to more advanced shot,the staff are also very friendly and nothing was to much bother,I will definitely give it another visit,

And as hodge911 says decent food in the cafe,

Al

Edited by besty57

• 1 month later...