Bluetooth Portable Speakers

Thunderbird

Guys at work all seem to have the Bose version for use on ‘turnarounds’ and the sound is pretty good.

Me being a cheapskate I purchase a small cube one onboard an EasyJet flight and it’s been brill.

Because of its size and shape, the thing sit on the corner of a bath etc, yet sounds good with a reasonable amount of bass.

Took it to our holiday place and was good around the pool and never felt underpowered.

I have a JBL Charge 3 that goes into the garden and on holiday.  It's great.  Fully waterproof and certainly not lacking in battery life or overall performance.

Did think about getting a 2nd one (you can pair them via the JBL app) if it was lacking in output but, now I've got one, I think the neighbours would complain if I had two...

I have the JBL Flip and love it.  It's small, the charge is pretty good and can be taken anywhere.  We use it in the garden and when camping.  Only gripe would be that the flip probably wouldn't be loud enough for a party outside.

Have heard great things about the Bose Soundlink, but at double the price, I'm not sure I could justify it. 

I also have one of these:

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/aether-cone-wireless-speaker-white-and-silver-thecone-ws/version.asp

It's fantastic, sounds great, and for 40 quid, it's a bargain.  Although does suffer that if you are streaming youtube on your phone and using the speaker, it won't sync the sound, is slightly annoying!  It has airplay, which means I can connect it to my computer (Via Wifi), and use my iPhone as a remote to control my computer.  Works well.

Hayden

10 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

With UE, seems it's a case of either going for the Megaboom at about £150 or a set of two Boom 2's for about the same price. 

2 x Boom 2s would be more versatile I guess and plenty loud.  I had a good listen to a few different contenders in John Lewis just a few weeks ago and was impressed with the UE kit.  Even the little Wonderboom had good quality sound and volume and they are well put together.

I've a kitsound boombar. very tidy for under 30 and battery lasts easily 6 hours full blast. pretty good bass and ive been using it for years beating the hell out of it. 

but as mentioned above my mate has the bose and the sound is incredible. nothing portable comes near. I just can't justify that kind of money on a rarely used toy...... yet