Scammer up early!

TIGHTCHOKE

At 07:40 the landline telephone rang, we do not use this, it is a leftover and is part of our internet set up.

I answered the call in case it was a relative with an early emergency, to be greeted by Frank with an African accent asking me if I was well and that he was calling from TalkTalk.

I stated "yes I am fine thank you, but we do not normally use the landline".

Click and he was gone! Off to try and scam someone else.

21 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

At 07:40 the landline telephone rang, we do not use this, it is a leftover and is part of our internet set up.

I answered the call in case it was a relative with an early emergency, to be greeted by Frank with an African accent asking me if I was well and that he was calling from TalkTalk.

I stated "yes I am fine thank you, but we do not normally use the landline".

Click and he was gone! Off to try and scam someone else.

Had a woman ring and she tells me that she is looking down on my house and can tell me about good fortune that could happen to my household.

I tell her that while she is up there ... What are the state of the roof tiles and gutters?

Another one I have had is, phone rings, hello my name is john (of Indian/Pakistani origin) from the fraud department of your credit card company (I don’t have a credit card) someone as tried to purchase a TV in Manchester using your card details, was that you, no I replied, ah good, I would like you to put the phone down and immediately dial 999, your number as been logged at Birmingham serious fraud crimes department so you will go straight through to a Mr Clark, I will give you a case number for security and you must give him this number, so me being a bit of a devil I put the phone down and dialled 999, a guy with the strongest African accent said, hello my name is Mr Clark, can you give me your case number please, so I did, he then said I will now transfer you to the fraud department, guess who answered the phone, yes it was John, but this time his name was Alan, he went on a bit and said I am going to ask you to confirm your credit card details before we can go any further, I then said to him, mate first I don’t have a credit card and secondly I know this is a scam, the phone went dead.

I can see how this could easily fool this less wary.

My folks were always getting the Microsoft scam calls and other marketing ones, whenever I visited the phone seems to be ringing every five mins ( slight exaggeration I know).

Purchased the BT call blocker package, only down side was having to program every number from all their friend and business that they have legitimate contact with.

Was there last month for a week and at the end I made the comment that I hadn’t hardly heard the phone- Mum confirmed they had not had any scam calls since, unbelievable but boy am I glad.

i get the odd scammer phone call...........i let my mrs who has dementia deal with them......she talks utter balls to them for about half an hour....she complains about the dirty pavements the leaves blowing about whats on the television...moans about this that and the other...........................

they hang up eventually after loosing the will to live...

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i get the odd scammer phone call...........i let my mrs who has dementia deal with them......she talks utter balls to them for about half an hour....she complains about the dirty pavements the leaves blowing about whats on the television...moans about this that and the other...........................

they hang up eventually after loosing the will to live...

That made me laugh, I could just picture the guy on the other end of the line.:lol:

1 hour ago, thepasty said:

They dont hang up on their end so you stay connected, thats why they said it will be picked up immediately.

Yep, :good: my mate works for BT and he told me the same thing, if they don’t put their phone down and no one calls you, when you dial 999 it just connects back to them.

I had one from some foreign lady claiming to be from Santander. She was offering me some account changes and the number was some oddball one.

Quick Google of number and it came up as a scam. 

Later on same person but this time on the landline. Still thinking scam alert I politely got rid of her. Next thing a letter from Santander, turns out it was genuine from the start and she was Malaysian and my new personal representative. That means they smile at you whilst taking your money.    

I get the Santander 1 and Lyoyd,s bank and Vodafraud as well but dont have an account with any of them and am a very angry ex directory unwanted call blocker customer of sky,s .Due to the volume of carp from unwanted calls my home phone has been unplugged for a mighty long time so now the filth e-mail on a daily basis and get deleated unopened from my spam folder daily