Halfords advanced 200pc socket set

lopylui

A fair number of my sons' friends, who are in the motor trade, are using these in preference to Snap On. A whole lot cheaper and same guarantee.  I have an unused 1/4" Advanced set in my garage. On the box it says that you just take any broken part to Halfords, who will exchange no questions or quibbles. MAC no quibble. Snap On - depends who you deal with. Anything with moving parts has the same rider. Facom make the best ratchets - bar none.

From memory, Halfords Advanced, Draper Expert, Signet and Blue Point are all made in the same Taiwanese factory. I have all of these makes and they compare well enough to MAC, Snap On etc. Not as good, but good enough.

None of these compare favourably to Sherman-Klove.

Edited by Gordon R

I bought the Halfords Pro set about 10 years back and used them while I worked at a vehicle dismantlers - everyone used to laugh at my set as they lined up every week at the Snap On van and paid a fortune for their tools - none of my set ever let me down till years later the small Ratchet broke when removing a rusted bolt (I was using a metal tube to extend the length and increase the force) - Halfords replaced it without even asking for the original receipt.

On 11/24/2017 at 08:25, Jason_ox said:

Use them every day and I’m in the trade, had the kit for a couple years now. The case they come in is also covered by the lifetime warranty.  I’ve only had a T5 torx bit break and that was replaced without hassle. 

are you sure the case is covered, on mine the hinge is broke so the two half's don't hold together.

I have the same box for home use, emergency repairs on family/friends cars and bikes. Can't fault them at all, have broken the little breaker bar twice but that's it. What I usually do is hand tools that i use on a daily basis are snap on purely through ease as they come in atleast once a week, bits and bobs like 1 off sockets are Halfords usually. If you know someone with a trade card for them use it, the discounts are huge! I paid about 90 quid for the 200 piece professional one with the offer and a trade card

On 01/12/2017 at 19:32, jonny thomas said:

I use some halfords advanced stuff

I'm a mechanic it's good gear snap on or facom it ain't but its good enough 

Once asked our snap on dealer if he had any idea how much a mechanic earned 

They must thunk we earn 50k+

I asked that a couple of years ago, I got 'must be 25k' he got told to get out of the workshop :lol: 

On 22/11/2017 at 18:12, Gordon R said:

A fair number of my sons' friends, who are in the motor trade, are using these in preference to Snap On. A whole lot cheaper and same guarantee.  I have an unused 1/4" Advanced set in my garage. On the box it says that you just take any broken part to Halfords, who will exchange no questions or quibbles. MAC no quibble. Snap On - depends who you deal with. Anything with moving parts has the same rider. Facom make the best ratchets - bar none.

From memory, Halfords Advanced, Draper Expert, Signet and Blue Point are all made in the same Taiwanese factory. I have all of these makes and they compare well enough to MAC, Snap On etc. Not as good, but good enough.

None of these compare favourably to Sherman-Klove.

Is there a Sherman-Klove dealer in the UK?