Can't say Happy Christmas!

Wooder

Our marketing department has just had a load of biscuits delivered in tubes for customer Christmas gifts. I questioned the "Happy Holidays" logo on the front of each of the tubes, I asked why they dont say "Happy Christmas". marketing told me it wasnt politically correct to say that, as some customers might be offended ! couldnt believe my ears !!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

It seems that we are to lose all our traditional things and not have a voice with which to complain about it.  Will it be any different after Brexit if that ever comes around?

Pushkin

Only if you let them. Stand up for what you believe in, and don't let any of them talk you down.

2 hours ago, Wooder said:

Our marketing department has just had a load of biscuits delivered in tubes for customer Christmas gifts. I questioned the "Happy Holidays" logo on the front of each of the tubes, I asked why they dont say "Happy Christmas". marketing told me it wasnt politically correct to say that, as some customers might be offended ! couldnt believe my ears !!!

Do you have many customers called Ebenezer

This is all based on a myth, there were quite a few things over the years about winterval etc and none could be substantiated and turned out to be nothing but meme worthy rumours. Fast forward and a few gullible idiots have started to think maybe there is something in that and hence such nonsense as this.

a self fulfilling prophecy comes true

My Father had a friend who was (strongly) atheist, and she used to celebrate "Winter Solstice " instead.

I am not religious, and although my cards carry the message "Merry Christmas", the picture have either gamer bird or shooting scenes rather than nativities, 3 kings, or other religious based material.  It  has been a tradition for over 20 years now that 'game scenes' are my Christmas card!  There are a number available from various internet suppliers.