Can't say Happy Christmas!

Wooder

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Wooder said:

Our marketing department has just had a load of biscuits delivered in tubes for customer Christmas gifts. I questioned the "Happy Holidays" logo on the front of each of the tubes, I asked why they dont say "Happy Christmas". marketing told me it wasnt politically correct to say that, as some customers might be offended ! couldnt believe my ears !!!

If some are offended by "Christmas" then surely they'll be equally offended to be given a gift, as that's a symbol of...Christmas?

Or am I missing something?

I have worked with Muslim, Sikh and many other men and women who have come out on our Christmas Staff Dinners and sat in offices with Christmas decorations in and also have ended phone calls with have a good / merry Christmas, same as we have been invited to their celebrations, not once (that i am aware of) did anyone get offended by the others celebrations or decorations.

1 hour ago, ph5172 said:

I have worked with Muslim, Sikh and many other men and women who have come out on our Christmas Staff Dinners and sat in offices with Christmas decorations in and also have ended phone calls with have a good / merry Christmas, same as we have been invited to their celebrations, not once (that i am aware of) did anyone get offended by the others celebrations or decorations.

Spot on.   Same in my office.   A year or two back, Oldham Council (I think) replaced the word Christmas with 'holidays' as they thought it would upset and offend the Muslim community there.  Said Muslims said  'don't do this in our name as we're not offended or upset'.    PC madness.  

1 hour ago, ph5172 said:

Same as mate, we call our site the United Nations, we have EVERY creed and colour blah blah blah,

they /we all enjoy our Xmas holidays/celebrations 

flynny

Edited by flynny

We had a P/C plant manager donkey who wished all happy winterval,banned christmas cards and the tree in the staff canteen and for 2 years no happy happy joy joy for any one <he was english>The next fella being French normal service was resumed Tree/cards and wishing people u dont like happy christmas .And yes our sikh ,muslim and an.other religions werent offended ,our country is infested by eejits 

21 hours ago, flynny said:

Same as mate, we call our site the United Nations, we have EVERY creed and colour blah blah blah,

they /we all enjoy our Xmas holidays/celebrations 

flynny

Same in my office, we have a couple of Muslims that offer to swap our Xmas day shift so we can have it off as long as we cover there Ramadan in may I think so it works for us...

37 minutes ago, Archie-fox said:

Same in my office, we have a couple of Muslims that offer to swap our Xmas day shift so we can have it off as long as we cover there Ramadan in may I think so it works for us...

They got a good deal there Archie... Ramadan lasts a month!! :lol:

23 hours ago, ditchman said:

stuff the turkey this year i have ordered up a big fat duck this year...and will do a marrocan style stuffing...to cut that loverly crispy skin and fat....

sounds nice never been a lover of turkey!! I think turkey comes from american  thanksgiving? we are having goose and venison this year.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:50, das said:

A very Happy Chritmas to a PW members.

Come on Dave, be brave and wish me a Happy Christmas, I won't consider you politically incorrect!

Are these greetings not just a little too early?

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:05, Danger-Mouse said:

This ^^

Exactly!

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 15:04, henry d said:

Can you say Happy Eid al-Adha? Happy Hanukkah?

Don`t stress it, call it Happy Holydays, which is what it is after all

henry d what's the meaning behind the letter n in Urdu you seem to have as a profile picky?