Please recommendations Dog Muzzle

WaterFortune

Still having huge issues with Ninja our new rescue.

To start with we have a tendency to got a halti-type head collar to prevent him pull as he goes berserk attempting to urge near any dog he sees once out walking. It did calm him, however, he terribly before long realized that he might get it off with a bit of effort.

So currently as before long as you place it on he simply lies down and would scratch his muzzle raw if you let him.

I've to browse that this type of style is not sensible for bull breeds owing to the short nose, which actually appears to be the case. He's a collie cross however with a really staffie face.

It's currently become a lot of necessary that we have a tendency to muzzle him once more although. His aggression is turning into a true issue with sure dogs and he's terribly unpredictable. Clearly, we're operating extremely exhausting on this except for safety reasons currently I actually assume he must be muzzled once call at a public. Will anyone have any recommendations on the top best dog muzzle for a staffie-type dog?

Thanks

When I did the training with mine there was a Staffy\Dalmation cross that had similar problems, the trainer used water sprays to control the dogs and kept spraying the dog (not as bad as it sounds) until it stopped trying to get the muzzle off (took about 20 seconds and it didn't do it again), so that might be worth a try?

Also I found mine responded well to the Halti harness rather than the muzzle, no idea at all how it works (as it's not tight anywhere) but worked a treat on mine to stop him pulling when walking him

I have found the baskerville muzzle was very good when I had a dog needing muzzling. Its tough plastic, allows the dog to open its mouth to pant or drink. It is much kinder than the ones that hold the mouth closed.They come in lots of sizes for different breeds.

https://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/brands/baskerville-muzzles

Edited by loriusgarrulus