New to Norfolk

Moved to North Walsham in Norfolk  some 6 weeks ago, as a regular shooter ( shotgun,.22,17 hmr  & 243) unfortunately finding it hard to find any shooting in the area. Please can anyone point me in the right direction. Forgot to mention I’m a member of BASC and The British Deer Society.

thanks Warren

Edited by Warren0446

Warren

What are you looking for? Rough / pigeons/ deer/ Target or what.....

Target wise you have Smallborough and District ( waiting list for that one) or Grove Smallarms which use a variety of ranges in Norfolk and Suffolk

If it’s paid for opportunities for the above then try Anglia Sporting, if it’s deer only then there are several places around Norfolk such as Hockham deer management.

Or, if it’s non paid then I’m afraid there isn’t a magic wand and as vast and in populated as Norfolk is, it’s about getting yourself out there.

Good luck either way and welcome to Norfolk too.

2 hours ago, Warren0446 said:

Moved to North Walsham in Norfolk  some 6 weeks ago, as a regular shooter ( shotgun,.22,17 hmr  & 243) unfortunately finding it hard to find any shooting in the area. Please can anyone point me in the right direction. Forgot to mention I’m a member of BASC and The British Deet Society.

thanks Warren

With the game shooting in full swing now it would be difficult to find any shooting in your area as most of the farms are connected one way or the other with shooting game , your best bet is to keep an eye on the rape fields for any pigeon activity and then knock on a few doors to see if you can go on there when the game season is finished , if they are not connected then you might get the go ahead straight away.

There was a chap on the forum who was after some beaters in the Stalham area , with the offer of a cock day at the end of the season and who knows , there might be somebody who have got a lot of rape fields and could do with a hand to control them .

Or you could join Norwich W A at the end of the season , they have got shooting rights on land your side of Acle and quite a bit more if you don't mind traveling a few miles to get to it .

Keep looking and asking around the N / Walsham area and I am sure , sooner than later something will come along .