Plusnet

Danger-Mouse

I joined them in 2003 and had no issues at all until January this year, when they jacked up my bill for no reason, after several calls and getting nowhere, I left and went to BT, getting a very good deal and half of Plusnet's price. Still a very good company to deal with, I may go back when my BT account is up.

I was with Plusnet (owned by BT...) for 7 / 8  years with two separate lines (both with broadband) until 6 months ago they were great. Then they became grossly uncompetitive and we changed both - one to EE and one to John Lewis (with the service provided by PlusNet...!!) and saved over £10/month per line.

PlusNet customer service was superb. Recently I'd say they're 3/10 and I would no longer recommend them to anyone.

8 hours ago, Glenshooter said:

I've been with them for around 10 years.  Become  expensive and long waits for the customer service phone, although in fairness, when they do answer, they are reasonably helpful, if inflexible.  But typically 15 mins to hang on for an answer.  Thinking of moving from them.  No longer anything special.

I suspect they have adopted the BT way of doing things unfortunately.

Been with them for about 5 years, no issues with them, apart from, 1 billing mistake, and a router problem, customer service very helpful, they have slowly crept up in price as have most others.

Our package includes…line rental, broadband (over wire), free anytime calls and mobile sim only, broadband speed is advertised at up to 17mb but we get around 6-7mb sec, which is plenty fast enough for our needs

Total cost for year is £370.

I called PlusNet yesterday to sort out my account on leaving last month (see above) and the call wait time was 45 minutes so I used the "chat" service and it took 30 minutes of dire stupidity just to get the person to understand what I wanted.

This (apparently) was my mistake for "choosing the same user name for my new John Lewis account (supplied by PlusNet) as the account name previously with PlusNet - it's my ******* name. Why would I not use it. 

Dire.

Check out TalkTalk Business , you can have a Business telephone line with unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles for £16.95 per month and the broadband is £6 per month for up to 17mbs  (12 month contract) or £18 per month for up to 76mbs. (24 month variable contract) the prices are plus vat.

I use them at work and find them to be fine.

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/business/?_ga=2.151880894.646259789.1511694788-1045154469.1511694788

At home I use there domestic service which includes similar benefits and a free mobile sim with 200 mins , unlimited texts and 500mb of data and that costs £25 per month inc vat