SGC question

Alex. P

Hi all,

I am applying for my SGC and FAC. The application form asks for my doctors details from the last 10 years! Being 18 and having a family that has always moved around a lot i have had no choice but to follow. We have finally settled down now so i think its the time to get my certificates. The problem is i cant remember all my doctors. I sent my local police an email questioning this, they replied that i should be able to get the info from my doctors. Ive never really needed to go to them so i wont have much of a record either being generally fit and healthy. They did mention that is a positive and they only usually consult your gp if they have concerns about physical or mental health. But anyway back to the point. What if my doctor doesn't want to give me the info. What would /are my chances of getting granted my sgc/fac. I do have plenty of land to shoot on, will be joining basc and i am about to buy a brattensound safe with lock box, if that will count to anything. (of course the safe will :lol:) thanks for any advice. 

33 minutes ago, old'un said:

If as you say your family moved around a lot, have you ever been registered with a doctor? I presume you are registered with one at your present address?  

Oh yes, we have registered with the doctors whenever we moved to a new house. I am registered to my local doctors. 

Never understood the request for what doctors you have been registered with over the last 10 years as I am fairly sure your present doctor will be able to access your medical history at the surgery, as you say you are only 18 I doubt you will have much on your file.

I will stand corrected if this is not the case.

Can't fully help but I had concerns with this section myself when applying for my SGC.

I'm 28 years old and haven't been to the doctors or hospital since I was 13. Moved several times and never actually bothered to register with the doctors as i never go anyway.

I phoned up the surgery that I was with at a kid and they were surprisingly helpful so I'd just discuss it with the receptionist the one at my childhood surgery helped me no end. God knows how i was still on their records!

I put down what little information I had to hand in the box and discussed it with the officer when I had the interview it caused no issues with the process so I wouldn't worry yourself over it too much. 

This reminds me I need to register at another practice!

I thought I was perhaps missing something until I read Dekers post, as I can’t ever recall seeing this on any application forms, and I certainly haven't ever given details of any GP’s past or present; only the name of the practice I attend! 

My last renewal was less than a year ago.

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

I certainly haven't ever given details of any GP’s past or present; only the name of the practice I attend! 

My last renewal was less than a year ago.

Same as, I very rarely go to the doctors and don't have a single GP I just registered with the practice and see whomever is available, I was never given a single doctor's name as my GP but I've been with them for over 10 years so only needed to put the one practice down. FEO didn't even mention it. 

On 11/24/2017 at 21:09, Alex. P said:

So if i put my current gp and in the notes explain a bit they shouldn't have too much of a problem? Like evolution380 i havnt needed to go since i was probably 9. 

IMO it won't be enough. If the question asks for your GPs for the last 10 years and you put 2 years worth, you haven't answered the question.

12. You are asked to provide details of GP practices over the past 10 years and whether you have consulted medical practitioners other than at your GP practice so that all relevant information is available to police to assist with their assessment of suitability to possess a firearm certificate.

Phone your firearms team and ask them the question. 

I was in a similar situation having not needed a Dr for a decade and moving about 5 times around the country between my last Dr's appointment and applying.

I email my FEO and he said to: 1) register for a Dr near me at my current address 2) Put the address of your last remembered Dr's surgery 3) write an explanatory note explaining the gap in the additional information 4) Don't submit the application until I had confirmation of being registered at my local Dr's.

That went absolutely fine - although it probably helped that I had discussed it before. I see you got slightly different advice from your lot though.