Uma Thurman / Harvey Weinstein

Eyefor

Remember the Kill Bill Films?

Today Uma Thurman said in her Thanksgiving message

"....a happy Thanksgiving to everyone except you Harvey and all your wicked conspirators. I'm glad it's going slowly - you don't deserve a bullet,".

and

"....I am not a child and I have learned that... when I've spoken in anger, I usually regret the way I express myself, so I've been waiting to feel less angry. And when I'm ready, I'll say what I have to say."

What's the sound of a samurai sword - Swooooooosh?

Sleep well Mr Weinstein?

Edited by Eyefor

Can't help feeling that some of these "victims" have, when starting out in showbusiness, willingly paid the price demanded for fame and success, now they are famous and successful and have the wealth and the lifestyle they desired, are biting the hand that pushed them up the ladder of fame!

Made me laugh some time ago when an interviewer asked Debbie Magee "can I ask you, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?"

We can all name high profile rich, ugly, wealthy old men who have young stunningly attractive (physically at least) young wives.......I wonder why ? (Rhetorical)

Ever has it been thus!

It has always gone on to some extent and I firmly believe it has affected more than just the film industry and politicians.

I am not condoning any of the wrong doing, but it has to be said if you laid there for a career and didn't complain straight away you are a large part of the problem!

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Can't help feeling that some of these "victims" have, when starting out in showbusiness, willingly paid the price demanded for fame and success, now they are famous and successful and have the wealth and the lifestyle they desired, are biting the hand that pushed them up the ladder of fame!

Made me laugh some time ago when an interviewer asked Debbie Magee "can I ask you, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?"

We can all name high profile rich, ugly, wealthy old men who have young stunningly attractive (physically at least) young wives.......I wonder why ? (Rhetorical)

Ever has it been thus!

The interviewer was Mrs Merton, aka Caroline Aherne, and it was asked in jest. Debbie Macgee was devoted to Paul Daniels. 

I do know what you mean though. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

The interviewer was Mrs Merton, aka Caroline Aherne, and it was asked in jest. Debbie Macgee was devoted to Paul Daniels. 

I do know what you mean though. 

No! I agree, she was apparantly genuine in her feelings for Paul Daniels....the question was asked by the interviewer in jest and accepted in that way....I used it as a lighthearted example of what in many cases, is a convenient business arrangement! And when the arrangement has been completed, and both parties have got what they wanted, one party feigns outrage and screams "abuse" regarding said arrangement! 

I know of several people where I used to work (a council) who 'slept' their way to promotion, I also know of a guy at University who 'turned gay' to get better results (slept with a male lecturer), and while there a few girls who used their looks (and only their looks) to get guys to do their assignments. It happens (and will happen) everywhere

Edited by Deker

I’m not into eventing in any way shape or form but have had the bad luck to go out with a high profile eventing girl for a while. Most of them will sleep with anyone with a huge pot of money and decent horses for them to ride. They’ll happily take one for the team if they think they’re going to benefit. 

Similar in racing although not so much any more but there were a little t of trainers and owners renowned for offering a ride for a ride. 

Now I’m not an up and coming Hollywood starlet but surely getting a leg up in your career for getting your leg over, providing it was consensual, really isn’t the end of the world. I’m sure we’ve all had a few questionable spins courtesy of beer goggles. 

6 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

I’m not into eventing in any way shape or form but have had the bad luck to go out with a high profile eventing girl for a while. Most of them will sleep with anyone with a huge pot of money and decent horses for them to ride. They’ll happily take one for the team if they think they’re going to benefit. 

Similar in racing although not so much any more but there were a little t of trainers and owners renowned for offering a ride for a ride. 

Now I’m not an up and coming Hollywood starlet but surely getting a leg up in your career for getting your leg over, providing it was consensual, really isn’t the end of the world. I’m sure we’ve all had a few questionable spins courtesy of beer goggles. 

Did your money or your horses run out?

So old Harvey and most other people who have something someone else wants, used that commodity to strike up a deal for, what they wanted!

That's just business! No good accepting the terms of a deal then whining about being taken advantage of after!......or is it?:whistling:

Non consensual is another matter entirely!

It's a funny one, if pressured and forced and as said non consensual then these people are victims no matter how high profile they are and they deserve justice.

If however they have willingly flirted and accepted his advances and returned to his hotel room then they are not a victim and:

A: Liked him as he was a good personality and wanted to have some rumpy pumpy (doubtful)

OR

B: Saw the aforementioned career advancement and assumed putting out will land them a role in a movie etc. 

Casting couch syndrome.

Asking somebody back to your hotel room is not a criminal offence, if I was a woman and didn't want to get up to mischief with an individual I wouldn't return to their hotel room no matter who they were. If however you're a gold digger / or willing to sleep your way to the top then you would...

OR very Naive.