Gerry78

Hardy Reel &Rod

I hit the big 40 in feb:no: with the River trout season opening in march here in N Ireland  i might treat myself to a hardy rod and reel prob be 5or6 weight rod ANY opinions on these rod reels would be helpful forum

Most new rods bearing the Hardy name are made abroad and not made at Alnwick in the UK any longer.....however a few are still made by Hardy in the UK, if you want a UK made Hardy rod, I suggest you do your model research......and I recon you will need deep pockets!

hello, as panoma stated only a few made in uk from the hardy range, if you are realy set on hardy find a good condition second hand set, i paid £30 for a marquis 6 line reel, have you thought of a nice split cane ? and even a silk line ?   

I have 3 Ultralites, all 2 piece and I love using them. I also have a Sage RPL and  I prefer using the Ultralite over the Sage. I have the JLH reels to accompany them too.  For the small river and stillwaters that I fish, they do the job admirably. One to AVOID is the Hardy Demon...................a pig of a rod  !

hello, i would not buy either, well not new, i recently picked up and old hardy rod a 9 ft 5/6 fibretube made at Alnwick, it replaced a 50 year old british made  fibreglass that i bought for £5 and was my river rod when i fished the river Avon in Wiltshire, i was lucky this year to get a guest day on the kennet in mayfly time, took the 8ft split cane and 5 weight silk line, now its just most lake fishing and drinking tea. happy days

Edited by oldypigeonpopper