Royal Mail

timmytree

1 hour ago, nobbyathome said:

to be honest we all moan about the post office  from time to time but considering how many deliveries they do everyday its only a tiny percentage that goes wrong 

we do have a good post office make use of it before it goes

It might be a small percentage overall but for the person getting someone else`s mail on a regular basis the percentage is massive.

22 hours ago, sportsbob said:

It might be a small percentage overall but for the person getting someone else`s mail on a regular basis the percentage is massive.

I understand that sportsbob and I have had a couple of issues with royal mail over the 50 years I have used them but to me there is no other company in the country that delivers mail as good a percentage as royal mail  I work for a large courier company in London delivering over 6000 letters a day and trust me royal mails failure rate is a lot less than ours

22 hours ago, sportsbob said:

It is annoying. The only similarity is the first element of the Post Code and house number everything else is entirely different yet I continually and regularly get mail for one other particular address. I've given up now and letters go back in the post box suitably annotated and only deliver the parcels left on my doorstep including those which should have been signed for.

3 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

I understand that sportsbob and I have had a couple of issues with royal mail over the 50 years I have used them but to me there is no other company in the country that delivers mail as good a percentage as royal mail  I work for a large courier company in London delivering over 6000 letters a day and trust me royal mails failure rate is a lot less than ours

The ability to read English should be the first and foremost thing for a postie and as demonstrated they cant read or cant be bothered , no excuses.

With regards to Courier companies we have had a few issues but by far the worst was six parcels all correctly labeled and addressed by us (work)  this was pointed out to the driver upon collection who said it does not matter as they will put their own labels on  anyway. So in plain sight of me I saw the driver put some more labels on the boxes which turned out to be applied at random so ALL SIX boxes went to the wrong places. We had six very unhappy customers and the best the company would do was to collect them within three days from where they left them and re deliver, it took weeks to sort it out and NO compensation  and  No formal apology just the excuse that accidents happen.  So once again the lack of ability to read.