Pinkfoot decoys

Ttfjlc

Evening All, as usual trying to find out what my dad wants for Christmas has been like getting blood from a stone but alas he has finally said some pinkfoot decoys. Not the best time of year it seems to be looking as the main ones that seem to crop up are FUD decoys and not many others, does anyone have much experience with these or are there any others you could recommend? Cheers 

24 minutes ago, itchy trigger said:

don't know if it helps, when I have been out decoying for pinks (pay for) they always seem to use full bodied decoys, even if they have to make two trips

Thanks for the reply, problem is a couple of places were out of stock or they had pinkfoot decoys with a few pictures of greylags. :lol:

Edited by Ttfjlc

In my humble opinion J fud decoy's are to small to heavy and far to expensive.

Personally I'd do as i did buy Juvenile Blue Phase Snow Geese sillosocks from Canada even with delivery far cheaper than those sold in the UK having said that in 3 year's I've only used them twice at a local River where the Widgeon poured into them along with a few Greylag and Canada's :shoot: :yes: :shoot:

5 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

In my humble opinion J fud decoy's are to small to heavy and far to expensive.

Personally I'd do as i did buy Juvenile Blue Phase Snow Geese sillosocks from Canada even with delivery far cheaper than those sold in the UK having said that in 3 year's I've only used them twice at a local River where the Widgeon poured into them along with a few Greylag and Canada's :shoot:  :shoot:

I reckon you could stand there starkers in broad daylight and they'd still fly to you :lol:, as ever though much appreciated Boyd. :good:

24 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

I reckon you could stand there starkers in broad daylight and they'd still fly to you , as ever though much appreciated Boyd. :good:

No problem . I've got a true story which involves The call of Nature a pin an flag on a Golf course a voice call of Pink's 2 Pink's and one very very peeeeed off Fowling partner :whistling:

You can't deny that they look as close to the real thing as it gets in plastic.

Yes, I know not really necessary, and bits of paper with a clod of mud can supposedly do the trick, but they can't hurt either. Certainly, not the cheapest but will last a lifetime and make a nice Christmas pressie.

7 hours ago, Penelope said:

You can't deny that they look as close to the real thing as it gets in plastic.

Yes, I know not really necessary, and bits of paper with a clod of mud can supposedly do the trick, but they can't hurt either. Certainly, not the cheapest but will last a lifetime and make a nice Christmas pressie.

Thanks Penelope for the help, but at £38 a piece I don't love my dad that much, besides my mum would rightly say, "more **** in the garage" :lol: