Richer Sounds

billytheghillie

On 11/27/2017 at 21:26, shaun4860 said:

Why mention the fact the guy that owns Richer Sounds is an anti?

if the guy doing  life saving surgery was an anti would it stop anyone wanting treatment off him?

I bought my TV off Richer Sounds earlier this year, great customer service, great price PLUS the 6 year warranty.....the fact that the owner may be an anti never came into it.

Because he is and to the best of my knowledge I try not to support any of those who would do me harm or cause my way of life to suffer. I was just offering others who may not have known the right to exercise their choice too.

10 hours ago, walshie said:

Thing is richer sounds aren't the only people that can supply a telly. There's no way on earth I would give him a penny that he could then spend trying to ban my sport.

It's nothing to do with ethics. it's principle. 

This.  There is more to life than saving the odd quid or ten

8 hours ago, MrPhantom said:

I like Richer Sounds, always had good deals from them in the past.  I guess it it up to the individual.  It matters not a jot to me what Julian Richer's personal prejudices are.. everybody has the right to an opinion.

I'm not a Queen fan, but would you let Brian May's beliefs put you off buying and enjoying the music? 

I used to like Queen until certain members started spouting off. Same for u2. They're just musicians, their opinions and self indulgent campaigns using their celebrity status mean nothing to me

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Wish I hadn't asked this question, as its opened up a can of worms. Undecided now on where to buy my telly. While I'm at it, I may as well cancel all my Virgin contracts as he is in the paper accused of sexual harassment.

Buy what you want from where you want,

Dont let other peoples prejudices put you off, 

Costco amongst a few others do a 5 year warranty and are normally competitively priced,

Me, if anything goes wrong with my telly in the next 5 1/2 years I know I’m covered,

Those that their consciences won’t let them buy from Richer Sounds won’t be as I’ve not seen anyone else offer 6 year warranties, (I stand to be corrected)

:shaun:

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought a few things from Richer sounds and have been happy enough, but.....

HDMI is a digital interface, as long as your leads are good enough to get a digital signal that's within spec to the other end of the cable you won't get

any picture quality improvement in buying expensive HDMI cables, I've always been wary of places that sell expensive cables.

Last time I was in I noticed they had a rack of them. :-(

7 hours ago, trickyh said:

Been using them since the eighties Always had good service . Bought a 42'' Sharp LCD which was faulty out of the box and it was swapped out at home immediately no quibble. Doubt you would get the same service from those clowns at PC World.

There is a reason they are the biggest electrical retailer in Europe, and bad service isn't one of them..... But you should stick with who you are happy with, as will millions of other customers will with their choice of retailer.

After seeing this thread and needing a new sound bar for the tv i ordered one through this company, it said delivery would be 3 days, however the next day i received a email saying that due to very high demand my sound bar would not be with me for at least 5 days, i duly received it 5 days later as said. I have today received a letter from them with an apology for the delay in shipping and a shopping voucher for £20-00 to spend in their shop.

Very good service and good communications. 10/10      

And the difference in the sound on the tv is unbelievable. Before it was very mumbly now its first class.

Edited by peck