New Lincoln shotgun

figgy

Just watched the shooting show on Orkney Wildfowling and Jason Doyle was using a nice looking gun which looking at it on screen thought browning 725 black gold, at the end when it gives you a kit list I was surprised to see it was a Lincoln. 

It looks a good all rounder with with black action and gold wildfowl and clay also a breaking clay on the action. 

Heres a link to the gun http://www.lincolnshotguns.com/products/lincoln-vogue-hsx-sporting

35 minutes ago, ips said:

I have owned approx twenty guns, about twelve Beretta (still have) the Lincoln is a fabulous gun and I stand by my review.

I have no connection with Lincoln or the importer.

I shoot a browning but had the use of a Lincoln on a shoot, I was impressed as I found it to handle very well seems a very good gun for the money ips.

Just my opinion not trying to get at anyone i seen one in the gun shop i buy my gear out of and i was not impressed plus the sell on value of the lincoln would not be same as other guns paying 1100 quid id rather go for a browning beretta or miroku as i say just my opinion and im not a gun snob as i shoot a 40 year old AYA NO3 and browning auto :good:

the resale value is a fair comment. Beretta and browning etc will hold there value better, but om what basis ?? Badge and gun snobbery maybe ?? Once a make gets a name because a few folk of note shoot them well everyone wants one BUT are the lesser known makes really any less reliable or lower build quality ?? After all, all guns with odd exceptions are machine made ?

IPS Beretta and Browning will hold there value more because there better guns they have proved it for decades your opinion is your opinion Yes most gun companies  use machines on there basic models ie silver pigeons and 525s but there better build with better barrels and actions thats why you pay a bit more its not gun snobery its a fact YOU CANT COMPARE LINCOLNS MOST new shooters are told by dealers and gun coaches  if you can afford it buy beretta/brownings as there 1st guns THOUSANDS OF SHOOTERS in the uk cant be wrong ive shot lanbers/bettinsoli/bakials/etc the money ive wasted i shoulda bought one of the big two and saved myself a small fortune

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

If I buy a Beretta for £2,000 and sell for 25% loss I am down £500.

If I buy a Lincoln for £1,000 and sell it at 50% loss I am still only the same £500 down, and I've still got £1,000 I initially saved.

Spending more money to ensure good resale value is not always worthwhile.

very good post ?

1 minute ago, Gerry78 said:

IPS Beretta and Browning will hold there value more because there better guns they have proved it for decades your opinion is your opinion Yes most gun companies  use machines on there basic models ie silver pigeons and 525s but there better build with better barrels and actions thats why you pay a bit more its not gun snobery its a fact YOU CANT COMPARE LINCOLNS MOST new shooters are told by dealers and gun coaches  if you can afford it buy beretta/brownings as there 1st guns THOUSANDS OF SHOOTERS in the uk cant be wrong ive shot lanbers/bettinsoli/bakials/etc the money ive wasted i shoulda bought one of the big two and saved myself a small fortune

my friend, I have no need to big up any make I have no connection with any. All I can say is that in fourty years I have had A LOT of guns ranging from a few hundred to 12.5k and while I accept that high end guns such as my eell are in a league of there own if were talking mid range lets say the 3k mark then there is not much difference as far as I can tell in build quality or handling. I am not including the very very cheap new stuff that is popping up for £500 quid but anything between 1-3k (possibly even more).

ips not not bigging up any make either the big 2 browning/beretta have been the mainstay of shooters worldwide for years the point im saying if your paying 1100 pound  for a lincoln ID rather put the extra money to it and buy browning/beretta or miruko Just my opinion im a working man not rich by any means but buy once and buy right

20 hours ago, ips said:

my friend, I have no need to big up any make I have no connection with any. All I can say is that in fourty years I have had A LOT of guns ranging from a few hundred to 12.5k and while I accept that high end guns such as my eell are in a league of there own if were talking mid range lets say the 3k mark then there is not much difference as far as I can tell in build quality or handling. I am not including the very very cheap new stuff that is popping up for £500 quid but anything between 1-3k (possibly even more).

Not having a go here but a eell Beretta’s hardly high end 

always considered sidelocks made by purdy  Holland & Holland boss dickenson Woodward to be the high end stuff 

truth is buy what you like and can afford 

all the best 

of 

11 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Not having a go here but a eell Beretta’s hardly high end 

always considered sidelocks made by purdy  Holland & Holland boss dickenson Woodward to be the high end stuff 

truth is buy what you like and can afford 

all the best 

of 

I suppose as I am from a trap background I consider 12.5k to be a very expensive and aspirational "trap gun" but I accept if were talking specifically game then your right English sidelocks would be high end. ?

51 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

ips not not bigging up any make either the big 2 browning/beretta have been the mainstay of shooters worldwide for years the point im saying if your paying 1100 pound  for a lincoln ID rather put the extra money to it and buy browning/beretta or miruko Just my opinion im a working man not rich by any means but buy once and buy right

totaly appreciate what your saying and six months ago i would have said and advised the very same thing ?

On 29 November 2017 at 19:21, Brodie said:

If I buy a Beretta for £2,000 and sell for 25% loss I am down £500.

If I buy a Lincoln for £1,000 and sell it at 50% loss I am still only the same £500 down, and I've still got £1,000 I initially saved.

Spending more money to ensure good resale value is not always worthwhile.

So you both have £1500 to spend!

What are you going to buy now?

Edited by Lampwick