Posting shotguns

Wb123

I have been looking out for a particular gun for some time and one has finally become available at an excellent price, but the seller has no rfd they can get to handle a transfer. 

Were i on the mainland with a shotgun certificate i would simply take a long drive but as i am in northern ireland and must buy the gun, lodge it, and have a variation processed (hopefully successfully) before being able to pick it up. I would then have to fly over, get to a fairly poorly accessible place by public transport, and then fly back. Variations are taking at least eight weeks to process and i feel it would be taking the **** to expect the seller to hold on to it for that long as clearly they want rid of the thing. 

I had hoped my prospective brother in law who lives nearby would be able to collect and lodge it in his cabinet until the variation went through then rfd it over but sadly he has let his sgc lapse.

Is there any way for a courier to collect from the seller and take to my rfd? Alternatively assuming no legal barriers is there anyone near kingslynn who would be able to oblige for a suitable fee? 

I'm pretty certain someone from around that area will give you a helping hand, from the little time I've been a member of PW, I've seen it's members go to great lengths to help others. If I was anywhere close (which sadly I'm not) and all fees and arrangements were already in place, I would've gladly spent an hour or so to help.

Although not sure how it would work with the RFD with the seller not present

Edited by Newbie to this

38 minutes ago, wildrover77 said:

How quick do you need it? I will be coming home for a visit early next year.

Realistically i dont need it till September 2018. 

1 minute ago, hawkfanz said:

while i,m too far away to help you,its a bit unclear what the weapon is,you state variation so is it a rifle,but then you refer to your b i l sgc so is it shotgun its all unclear.

I am in Northern Ireland, everything goes of a firearms certificate, and everything needs a variation to add or remove except certain swaps. What i want to add is a section two shotgun which on the mainland goes on a shotgun certificate but here needs its own variation (by serial number) on an fac. 

• 4 months later...