Northumberland New Forest Project.

Pigeon Shredder.

39 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

trees are to be planted on Doddington Moor

Have to say, destroying one habitat to provide a different habitat because it might get pretty, fluffy things that people will pay to come and see is a bit off to me.  But the environmentalists will think it a great idea though.

Sorry, not a good idea, IMHO.

Nice walks too apparently:  http://www.christophersomerville.co.uk/?p=250

http://www.doddingtonnorthforest.com/

RS

Edited by RockySpears
links

49 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I would imagine there is already enough woodlands to suit red squirrels but there full of greys, a proper culling program to reduce them rather than loosing the moorland would surely be better?

Ahh but we are talking fluffy bunny tree huggers now  -  the way to save their pet species/habitat is to say to hell with any other.

Your right Yellow bear but no good making a habitat for reds if your just going to let greys wander around unchecked.

12 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Ahh but we are talking fluffy bunny tree huggers now  -  the way to save their pet species/habitat is to say to hell with any other.

One of my permissions was turned into a Jubilee woods <dogs on a lead/no cycling /no breathing /locked from evening till next day>So nothing for dog walkers after before work ,no evening strolls no bike rides with the kids BUT this is in the heart of the national forest where we already have had a million trees planted so a worthwhile removal of open fields to closed woodland for the enviroloons to guard NOT 

Meanwhile in the real world natural habitat and good farmland is being swallowed at an alarming rate to feed an ever growing population. A population growth that has been imposed upon us. But that is taboo for the BBC with it's globalist agenda to report.   So instead we get heartwarming stories about fluffy red squirrels plus nature and farming programs with wide panoramic views of the countryside that are careful not to show the blights of encroaching urbanisation.

8 hours ago, matone said:

Very true,and most of the housing is built to satisfy the egos of the `detached property` brigade! Tiny boxes ,no bigger than a small terraced house but they are `detached`.

Very wasteful use of a commodity which is finite .......

I'm not sure I follow? If they're tiny detached house's, surely they take up less space so more people can live in a smaller area therfore by your reasoning "better" than an older house's that takes up more land per person?

Terraced /conjoined housing would require much less space ! 

We could be building far more housing on brownfield sites too ,how many acres of empty derelict wilderness are there in most conurbations ???/

Edited by matone
addition.