Advice please - Hatstand pogostick.

Penelope

Five years back these guns were only good enough to use as forge pokers .  They had a terrible quality control problem and the guns were unreliable and in some circumstances were down right dangerous . The later guns have been much improved and now seem to be reliable and value for money .  Stay well away from the older guns .

harnser

Check the lock nut for worn threads, check the o ring seal is good under the nut .Most important of all check the two holes <gas ports> are clean if they are fouled walk away .The 3 " <had mine 3 years x 100,s of cartridges through no issues > has a far better reliability rep than the 3.5 "It,s those two ports which block and cause cycling issues ,the people who proudly boast dont clean mine are a breakdown waiting to happen.

The selector fork under the breach for the cartridge loading can wear and cause jambs ,and please no offence to any lucky individual but NO cartridges under 67mm they will jamb and wind u up atb and happy hunting 

20 hours ago, Penelope said:

Good Morning All,

Going to have a look at this gun tomorrow for my wife (for the occasional 'fowling trip). As never having had a pogostick, never mind a Turkish one, what do I need to look for please?

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/hatsan-arms/semi-auto/12-gauge/xtreme-max-170920114717003

Thanks,

P.

Over priced.  Do you really need a three and a half inch chamber?  I myself  having had two Hatsans would go for the A612 Armsan a much better made gun.

On 01/12/2017 at 11:05, Penelope said:

Good Morning All,

Going to have a look at this gun tomorrow for my wife (for the occasional 'fowling trip). As never having had a pogostick, never mind a Turkish one, what do I need to look for please?

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/hatsan-arms/semi-auto/12-gauge/xtreme-max-170920114717003

Thanks,

P.

Bought my Grandson a second hand 3" version 4 year ago never had a problem.

This September he part exchanged the 3" for a second hand Gun like you are looking at again it's shot 1oz lead loads to 1-1/2oz steel 3.5" can't fault the gun I bought him a 1/2 original V3 extended choke £15 New patterns superb and shot 4 good flighting foreshore Pink's with it one morning. 

Thanks all.

In the end I bought a new one from Boxtree Game Supplies, just outside Ipswich as it was only £100 more than the one in the ad, came with all the chokes, shims and stock extensions and a 3 year guarantee , which the 2nd hand one didn't, it had only the 1/2.

5 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Thanks all.

In the end I bought a new one from Boxtree Game Supplies, just outside Ipswich as it was only £100 more than the one in the ad, came with all the chokes, shims and stock extensions and a 3 year guarantee , which the 2nd hand one didn't, it had only the 1/2.

Is the correct approach!:good: