Pattern test video {interesting/useful?}

aga man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, stumfelter said:

Why is he pattern testing at 55 yards? He's spraying the building and everything!

I think the idea is not how wide the pattern gets, but how many pellets breaks the DVD as it's the 'target'... four or five pellet would definitely drop a bird. The fact the pattern is wider doesn't really matter (it's funny when you look at the wall and the 'office' sign is all peppered :-) )

2 hours ago, stumfelter said:

Why is he pattern testing at 55 yards? He's spraying the building and everything!

They are testing at that range, because that is the expected range of the pheasants.

Not much of a pattern test, though. Only one test with each gun.

19 hours ago, buze said:

I think the idea is not how wide the pattern gets, but how many pellets breaks the DVD as it's the 'target'... four or five pellet would definitely drop a bird. The fact the pattern is wider doesn't really matter (it's funny when you look at the wall and the 'office' sign is all peppered :-) )

That's what I'm getting at, if you shoot at 55yards then test at the same but do it somewhere where your not peppering the building.