new car

viking

well as i sold the defender i thought id treat myself to a bit of comfort as i could no longer deal with bouncing about in the land rover, as i was deciding what to get my mate said he was selling his wifes car, so went and looked at it and bought it there and then, 

2014 Bmw X5 30D Xdrive M sport, 1 owner, full bmw service history, 37,000 miles, 8 speed auto

i loved it instantly its in mint condition,has every extra possible  and its a joy to have heated seats and steering wheel:yahoo:

probably not ideal for chucking my decoying gear in the back though

010.jpg

008.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

028.jpg

014.jpg

019.jpg

016.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i loved the defender but this is a different league of comfort, not that anyone buys a defender for comfort, horses for courses i guess, this wont get me where the defender did, but where i does get me it will be quicker and comfier, :good::good: 

You made a wise choice, I can't speak of them highly enough. The only thing I would recommend if you don't mind the expense is 4 new Pirelli winter tyres (you may have to order online as hard to get over here) these work perfectly well through the summer too and last very well. These cars are heavy and don't like stopping on snow or icy conditions otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Hamster said:

You made a wise choice, I can't speak of them highly enough. The only thing I would recommend if you don't mind the expense is 4 new Pirelli winter tyres (you may have to order online as hard to get over here) these work perfectly well through the summer too and last very well. These cars are heavy and don't like stopping on snow or icy conditions otherwise. 

I’d concider it if w e got any decent snow. But we don’t really so I can’t see the expense. 

54 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Hairdressers car...........

Shut it you. 

53 minutes ago, figgy said:

Quite quick too. Good handling for such a big car and very comfy for long journey’s. After a while when you get back in a defender you will think how did I drive one of these I know I did.

It’s supprising quick for a large car. Plenty quick enough for me. 

39 minutes ago, Me matt said:

*wonders what bolt ons and £££'s viking will be adding before selling on next month  

I don’t think there is anything I can do really. You never know though. 

22 hours ago, viking said:

well as i sold the defender i thought id treat myself to a bit of comfort as i could no longer deal with bouncing about in the land rover, as i was deciding what to get my mate said he was selling his wifes car, so went and looked at it and bought it there and then, 

2014 Bmw X5 30D Xdrive M sport, 1 owner, full bmw service history, 37,000 miles, 8 speed auto

i loved it instantly its in mint condition,has every extra possible  and its a joy to have heated seats and steering wheel:yahoo:

probably not ideal for chucking my decoying gear in the back though.

You Sir drive a Ladies car!

1 minute ago, viking said:

ill not be doing anything on it, far to complicated for my liking, 80's land rovers are my limit:good::good:

Thank **** for that!

I've had x5's as company cars for the last 6 years, there a great alrounder with plenty of room and can hustle when needed! watch out when changing the tyres as if you have more than 4mm difference between front and rears it messes with the traction controls brain and can make the car think that it's in a slide when it's not....! Other than that I've had suspension issues however I do a huge yearly mileage so bushes etc will need changing...

oh and as someone else has said, they are heavy and carp on snow, mud, wet grass well anything other than Tarmac.... 

Hope you enjoy,

tedly

ps, is it weird that I'd like a defender!!

Edited by Tedly47

16 hours ago, Tedly47 said:

I've had x5's as company cars for the last 6 years, there a great alrounder with plenty of room and can hustle when needed! watch out when changing the tyres as if you have more than 4mm difference between front and rears it messes with the traction controls brain and can make the car think that it's in a slide when it's not....! Other than that I've had suspension issues however I do a huge yearly mileage so bushes etc will need changing...

oh and as someone else has said, they are heavy and carp on snow, mud, wet grass well anything other than Tarmac.... 

Hope you enjoy,

tedly

Yes, we need a defender ?

19 hours ago, Tedly47 said:

Hope you enjoy,

tedly

i wouldnt say weird, more like, ****** in the head :lol:

sat here reading this thinking, what you on about, i insured it the day i went to see it, then obviously a week later i got the new log book and then changed the reg plate over, and im normally good at remembering to do important things, but thanks you you mungler, iv just realised iv not informed my insurance company, so technically iv been driving around with no insurance, i have just called the insurance company and rectified this, and whilst been very regretful to you for some how knowing this and pointing it out, im also appalled with myself for being so foolish in not remembering to do it,

thanks mungler:good::good: 

30 minutes ago, Mungler said:

That’s very strange because the Road Tax and MoT checker on the Gov website says that number plate is still assigned to a 2013 Black X5. That’s probably a different car though because yours is 2014.

It does take up to seven days or so to show any changes.

Recent change of vehicle and even though I had taxed it online using the .gov website, their own check tax status website showed that it was not taxed!

8 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

It does take up to seven days or so to show any changes.

Recent change of vehicle and even though I had taxed it online using the .gov website, their own check tax status website showed that it was not taxed!

Yes indeed, given that he’s had it over 2 weeks he should be getting on to them because somethings not right with their systems (including the age of the vehicle which is a year out).