8 out of 10 score

nnorman32

"Just off with a load of cash to visit someone I've met on the internet"

Despite my instructor telling me that pump action shotguns are only for poor people and bank robbers I was looking for a cheap pump action 12g and managed to score 8 out if ten on my last purchase. Not a bad morning, always feel a little worried that I am visiting an unfamiliar area with cash but have always been ok,  in the past I had a possible scary moment when 4 blokes in a transit turned up to meet me in a deserted car park one morning but they turned out to be genuine and on route to a construction job when I was selling a Ratcatcher.

My score system is:

1 point for within 45 min drive to view.(Prefer face to face)

2 points for item matching description not a rusty pile of **** or having driven to a shop , been told "Just sold it mate"

1 point for buying from a home and not a  badly lit car park / lay by.

1 point for offer of cup of tea/ coffee/ au pair (you never know)

1 point for friendly chat about guns history.

1 point for being worth more than I am paying.(Did point this out at the time but he just wanted to get rid and have cabinet space).

1 point for not stabbing me, mugging me and running off with my hand full of fivers.

Anyone else have a positive / negative shopping day?

10/10 would be cartridges/ extra chokes/ shiny things or a gun slip chucked in with purchase and offer of a meet at a clay ground to try gun out with a bacon sandwich.

I went to buy a shotgun in Mid Wales from a bloke who lived in the absolute middle of nowhere. 

My cousin and his gf (now his wife) came with me for the drive. As me and my cousin goes into the house I said to his Mrs “if you hear two gunshots just jump behind the wheel and drive like mad for the next police staying” just joking around. 

So anyways in we go and I totally forgot what I’d said as a joke - gun looks good, fella was real nice - he says “do you want to fire it to make sure it works?” So I said yer, seems like a good idea. 

We go outside as it’s a farmhouse in middle of nowhere and I let two carts off into the air. Gun works just fine. 

So pays the man and off we go back to the  car after signing the forms. His Mrs is sat behind the wheel white as a sheet thinking we’ve both been dropped and she’s going to be next ?? we had a good laugh for the whole drive home!