This can’t be real, woman can try out for the SAS

Archie-fox

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they want to lower the standards to make it easier for women to join. They'll have to carry lighter weights on the run in selection and have longer to do it. Then they'll be not quite as good as the real SAS. 

If they want to join, they should be able to meet the current requirements. If they can't, then like most who try for selection, they aren't good enough and it has  nothing to do with gender.

1 minute ago, walshie said:

Because they want to lower the standards to make it easier for women to join. They'll have to carry lighter weights on the run in selection and have longer to do it. Then they'll be not quite as good as the real SAS. 

If they want to join, they should be able to meet the current requirements. If they can't, then like most who try for selection, they aren't good enough and it has  nothing to do with gender.

Can't disagree with that.

Just now, walshie said:

Bang on

Anyone should be able to try out for the SAS, black, white, pink, man, woman, heterosexual, homosexual etc etc. The level required should not be reduced to suit the lowest common denominator.

We had a few ladies joins the army with us! Believe you me! There are some women I would rather have my back than some men! One in basic training would NOT give in. Her determination was outstanding. Almost through the assault course in winter she fell off the apperatus and through the ice and was drenched. She got up and made her way back to the beginning and made the whole course again, completing it. She was bitter cold and soaked through, but never moaned, she would not quit. Her mentality and her cognitive skills were awesome. You could not stop the lass. Yes we had a few females drop out! but we also had men dropping out too. If they have the ability to carry out the tasks laid before them. The mentality to see the job done no questions, and the strength to pull their own weight, I have no problems. However! I do NOT think the training should be made easier for them. If they want into an elite unit! Then they should understand what the training entails. If they are game to step up and try! Then good in them. 

The older I get the more I become aware that this once great country of ours has become utterly bonkers. Positive discrimination (Affirmative Action in the US) in the military toward women  doesn't just lower the overall standard it's patronising to the recipients, insulting to those who got there on merit and erodes morale and esprit de corps.

It's the SAS and SBS for god's sake, not the ruddy BBC.

3 minutes ago, Westward said:

The older I get the more I become aware that this once great country of ours has become utterly bonkers. Positive discrimination (Affirmative Action in the US) in the military toward women  doesn't just lower the overall standard it's patronising to the recipients, insulting to those who got there on merit and erodes morale and esprit de corps.

It's the SAS and SBS for god's sake, not the ruddy BBC.

Well said.

I don't want one of our elite fighting forces watered down for the sake of "diversity." (I hate that word.) I don't doubt there are women as mentally tough out there, but I think the women physically up to the job are thin on the ground. If anyone is up to the current standards, let them crack on, regardless of sex. If they aren't, then tough.

Another dumbing down dragging this country lower and lower. The 'must not fail' attitude in schools starts it all off. I worked with three or four young lassies at the end of my service and they were awesome. Had to hold them back on occasion till the chairs stopped coming through the pub/night club window. I believe it is degrading to suggest this idea.  IF they want women to take on the tasks of our special forces, then they should come up to the high mark required, no special privilege .  

One woman has completed selection some while ago, the rules at that point precluded her getting in to the SAS.

She completed the same course and to the same speeds and weights that the male candidates do.

She's the only one so far!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

It's not just meetiñg the fitness standard in my opinion, it's the dynamics of a team and the way it could alter that especially in a behind enemy lines type situation.

Not to mention the unsavoury things the enemy would do to a woman captured, I know they could be done to a man as well but it doesn't sit right with me if it was a woman.

As far as I was aware, I thought women are still not allowed in front line roles and operations?

Just now, 12gauge82 said:

It's not just meetiñg the fitness standard in my opinion, it's the dynamics of a team and the way it could alter that especially in a behind enemy lines type situation.

Not to mention the unsavoury things the enemy would do to a woman captured, I know they could be done to a man as well but it doesn't sit right with me if it was a woman.

As far as I was aware, I thought women are still not allowed in front line roles and operations?

They are now!

Sadly a typical approach of adjusting the standards to please a few activists?

It seems to be the way those in power react to pressure from the few and IMPO , keep weakening the standards achieved by the few.

Could be why we appear in terminal decline?

My opinion is in no way critical or demeaning towards the achievements of the ladies, maybe the common sense approach would be to celebrate and uphold the differences?

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

One woman has completed selection some while ago, the rules at that point precluded her getting in to the SAS.

She completed the same course and to the same speeds and weights that the male candidates do.

She's the only one so far!

Russian ??

3 hours ago, walshie said:

Ditto the Krypton factor Grrrrr, if you met my sister i'm sure shed pass the physical side with no problem well 20 years ago, 3 times british champion and more than capable of been totally callous and heartless 

More PC bs! To appease the "right on" equality/diversity lobby!........male or female, it's irrelevant! the standard is set, if anyone can't make the grade? Then tough! They should be rejected!

The erosion of standards in this country in order to suit a Politically Correct agenda has turned the UK into a limp, second rate nation!

But what if there are assignments which as a Unit the SAS could never do purely because they are men ? Does this not just add another string to the SAS's bow ?

I cant see them using women to yomp miles across the desert to fight a camp of insurgents then yomp back again. However using them in covert roles to wander a city armed to the teeth ready to blat terrorists might be right up there alley and being women much easier for them to blend in ?