How Should I feel....?

Sprucey

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit confused here. References to 'shoot captain'   then 'team captain'  how many captains do you have?  It seems to me niether are doing their job if they have not briefed not only on what the bag is limited too (I don't shoot anywhere with overages, it's the keepers job to see you don't go over not yours). These days I only personally organise one day for a group of friends, ten guns and the day is set at 100 to 130 and we know we will probably end up with around 125. We have been to this shoot for 10yrs but I still brief this team although they are all known to me and have many years of all kinds of shooting under their belts. Bag, so be sensible not greedy, safety, no ground game, live on peg and horn/whistle to end drive.   In the last two weeks I have personally decided to stop shooting 2/3rds way through the last drive because I knew we must be well up the numbers. I had shot ten on that drive including two right and lefts and a couple of screaming partridge, enough was enough and I had pleasure watching the other guns. We finished on 139.  On another day we saw hundreds of birds, pheasant, partridge and some duck flew into the guns but were not expected on that drive, they just appeared. There had been torrential rain up until about 8am and consequently the pheasants did not want to get up and present good shots. Guns did not blow them to pieces just because they had paid for them. Just picked the odd bird that did show and we finished on 85 not the 100 we expected and non of us complained as on previous days on the same shoot, we had gone 30 or 40 over with no charge. That is how it goes sometimes if you shoot enough.

No good complaining after you have left.

Pleased it was sorted amicably but sounded like they had put in a few too many days for the birds released.

Edited by Walker570