12G 70mm HG load

B525 LIGHT

Just wondering how many others use 10GaOakies 70mm 32 gram HG load from the US forums?

It beats every other recipe I’ve ever loaded for eveness of pattern and can acheive 90% + patterns at 40 yards, however I’ve never seen any mention of it on a UK forum.

It’s easy to load and has very mild pressure yet excellent performance. So much so it’s all I now use in the 12. 

1 hour ago, B525 LIGHT said:

Just wondering how many others use 10GaOakies 70mm 32 gram HG load from the US forums?

It beats every other recipe I’ve ever loaded for eveness of pattern and can acheive 90% + patterns at 40 yards, however I’ve never seen any mention of it on a UK forum.

It’s easy to load and has very mild pressure yet excellent performance. So much so it’s all I now use in the 12. 

And which  " Holy Grail " are you loading !!!!! 

18 hours ago, B525 LIGHT said:

Fancy that, a relatively slow speed load that patterns well!

I think you may be "preaching to the converted!"

18 minutes ago, B525 LIGHT said:

I wouldn’t call 1480 to 1500 fps for a 32 gram load in a 2 3/4” case relatively slow.

So which " Variant " of the HG load are you loading I ask as I've seen various loads.

One being Alliant Steel 34 grains a 3" LBC wad cut down for a 70mm case and 32grams of Steel 2's the reason given that a 3" wad is stiffer than a LBC 70 mm wad so using a cut down 3"wad gives Better patterns. !!!!!! 

Could be a good duck load for me to load for next season. Proven and liked by plenty.

Cant see what’s special about it though and what exactly is the recipe as some are using chedite primers others W209 wads vary to bp37 to cut down lbc47. 

So let’s have your recipe you like. 

Shame we don’t have a pinned section for reloading recipes that are tried and trusted. 

• 4 weeks later...