CZ American 17HMR

Grandalf

I have both .17 hmr and .22lr and they are nail tackers, 17 is 16", 22 is 14", light when carried over distance even with mod and bipod fitted.

HMR has just been bedded, only because l was bored one afternoon, and after zeroing l was out this afternoon and was knocking squirrels over at ground level at 100 mt's.

Have not found it fussy with ammo and have used Hornardy 17 and 20g, CCI A17's, but l must say Fed Shock 17's do exactly what it says on the box, 20's are for fox by the way.

You would not be disappointed if/when you purchase, at first you think it's a bit noisy but this afternoon the squirrels were so intent on feeding they didn't budge from what they were doing, none budged at all after being greeted by a Fed Shox 17g.

Both are keepers and you will not be disappointed.

32 minutes ago, beanieboy said:

I have CZ452 American in 17 HMR and 22LR...also have CZ527 American 223. All very accurate rifles and easily carried. Much prefer the American to the heavy varmint barrel.

+1 No need for the extra weight in rimfire.

Thank you gentlemen (and ladies if there are any),

Seems that I should go ahead and buy one then.   Nice to know they come well recommended.

Have a CZ 22 and I am very happy with that.

Thanks again

Grandalf 

Edited by Grandalf

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:56, Fisheruk said:

Excellent, it’ll be ideal for shooting those onions off strings at Catton next year! :yes:

The single egg on the wobbly bamboo cane we had on the first year was a better challenge.

As it proved to difficult I eventually took it out, on the second afternoon, with my 22/250 on the second shot.   Happy days.

Have screwed my back up at the moment so all shooting is on hold for a bit.

Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you and yours.

Ben

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 23:07, Harry Callahan said:

452 American for sale, good money too. Just get it bought, lad!

https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/366978-cz -452-american-17-hmr/

It looks right but I have been offered a new synthetic stock version for not very much more money.   Thanks for the tip.