Partially flooded spuds

hatsanmad

Hi guys quick question the perm i have has a part of his spuds that keep flooding with this rain we keep having at the moment. Shot it last moday and shot 9 duck. Then shot it on Saturday night o the full moon and managed 5 duck 6 geese and 2 teal. I haven't fed the splash at all due to there being alot of spuds and partially standing barley right next to (adjoining). Now my question is and i know the obvious answer is till the foods gone but how long can i expect them to keep visiting it? I wont be touching them till Christmas week now and im going up watching and doing pest control on there unless the farmer rings me to go and try and move the birds on as i know they will be causing some damage to the field. Would it be worth me feeding the flooded area? There are a lot of duck there using it mainly mallard and teal and pinks

I would speak with the farmer first. The spuds that have been regularly flooded may well be rotten. With regards to feeding, a little grain fed each day will keep the birds interested for quite some time. As long as you do not over shoot it, say once fortnight or 3 weekly you should have a little sport through to the end of the season.

As an example, a friend of mine has been feeding a flooded area of wheat drilling for around 3 weeks, he recently told me that he is feeding 2 buckets of wheat  per night, he is yet to shoot it!!!