Hw95k buying advice

Iggy

The HW95 is the same gun as the SMK XS20 and BAM20, just double the price. I have a B20 in .22 and it is smooth to cock and shoot plus accurate out to the sensible ranges I limit it to, about 25 yards. People shun cheaper chinese copies but for what we ask of a springer I wouldn't hesitate to look at an SMK xs20 or 19 or 208. If people are willing to open up an HW straight away to smooth it out then why pay top German prices..?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, it’s been a while and things have unfolded so thought I’d better update you all. 

Lots to think about following all your comments and advice, much of which prompted further research and reading on the web

Long story short....I bought two guns.....a 2017 AA TX200HC in .177 in walnut followed by a 2016 HW95K in .22. Both guns are second hand but little used so I’ve saved quite a bit against new, and they both feel and shoot amazing in their own way. 

Just toying with the thought of a minor fettle on the 95k now....it’s pushing around 11ft lbs with Accupells and feels smooth enough to cock and shoot but fancy a TBT drop in kit just to smooth things as much as possible 

Thanks again for all the advice, I wasn’t ever planning to buy two but feeling very lucky and feel I have the best of both somehow  

Thanks again

Ian. 

On 1/26/2018 at 11:23, David M said:

The HW95 is the same gun as the SMK XS20 and BAM20, just double the price. I have a B20 in .22 and it is smooth to cock and shoot plus accurate out to the sensible ranges I limit it to, about 25 yards. People shun cheaper chinese copies but for what we ask of a springer I wouldn't hesitate to look at an SMK xs20 or 19 or 208. If people are willing to open up an HW straight away to smooth it out then why pay top German prices..?

I take my HW passed 50 yards.  If you can hit it, its sensible range.  With the HW I can...