Ross Noble doing the SSDT

amateur

On at the moment on Dave, Ross Noble having a go at the Scottish Six Days Trial.

OK, he is playing it for laughs, but there is some good footage of the sections

and plenty footage of his footing ;)

Edited by amateur

Brought back some happy memories for me. I remember my first year being a bit of shock, until you get the knack you just sink on the moors. Fair play to him, when you can ride a bike well it's a tough week but when you have to carry one round like he is it must be nigh on impossible. He was lucky it was a dry / sunny week, a wet week & i don't think he'd have finished.

I'm fairly certain his riding mate is the lad I found one Scott Trial with his **** pusher stuck in his guts, it had gone through his bum bag, clothes & straight into him. I  took him back to civilization & went to look for the Fell Rescue, when we got back his father had pulled it out.

Edited by PERCE

I was only supposed to do one but I ended up riding four times, I only regret waiting until I was 41, I'd have done an awful lot more if I'd started sooner.  Total commitment from Christmas on, ride a bike twice a week, gym, no booze, no cakes etc etc. Never added up the expense but it wasn't cheap, a new bike in February was extremely second hand by the second week of May.

I've got 20+ years of helping run the Scott but never really enjoyed riding it. It does give you the two biggest buzzes you'll every get on Trials bike though, going off the ramp in the morning & coming back up the field in the afternoon knowing you've gone round in time.