New national shooting center opening up in France

Guest stevo

As per title , 

this is is about as awesome as it could possibly get. , it makes Bisley look like a straw bale shoot ! !  I for one will be going over in new year for some comps 

just looked it up and door to door it’s 400 mile , so around a 9 and a bit hour drive. Which I really don’t mind  as I love France  .

Brochure-CNTS-WSXVIII-Shooting-Range.pdfhttp://www.ipscmatches.org/worldshootfrance/files/2016/11/Brochure-CNTS-WSXVIII-Shooting-Range.pdf

Edited by stevo

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, welshwarrior said:

It'd be nice to be able to build some similar here 

Well.

The FFTIR and FFBT who govern both target and trap respectively are the ones who issue the licences on an Annual basis 

In France there are those who obtain a Permit du Chasse which is your hunting licence which has to be renewed each year ( that’s right, no hunting without one) and this allows you to purchase Firearms pretty much unrestricted.

Then you have the two main bodies that I mentioned- so you obtain an ‘Adhesion’ to a Club and in return they obtain you licence for you- this then gets stamped by your Doctor, this is an Annual thing.

Shooting, well Target Shooting is In my experience from 9 years there is that it’s very expensive - for example, my pistol club is €175 per year plus €25 to see my Doc. The rifle club is €360.

A fair chunk of change and quite a bit obv goes to the sporting bodies- hence some great facilities like this.

Its probably also given Government assistance too ( cannot conform or deny of course) as the French don’t seem to have the same ‘anti’ movement that we do here.

Saying that, it would be nice to have the same here- I’m a member of the NRA at Bisley and although cast improvement seems have been made, it’s still a little rough n ready in places 

1 hour ago, Gerry78 said:

Not as nice as a Marsh/moors /or fields manufactured shooting at paper targets if you ask me dont mind the clays as they move a bit:good:

So  do you shoot foxes. Rabbits. Deer. While there running across a field ? 

You also have to keep in mind there are just as many shooters that are NOT interested in killing anything. They much rather the competitive side. Or just pulling the trigger of the old antique rifles and pistols. There are soooo many different sides to shooting other than sitting in a field all day cold and bitter  after realising you got it wrong and the birds are dropping in crop on the next door farm hahah ( got that T shirt ?) 

If something like this was built in this country. To me it would be a symbol of strength within the entire UK shooting community. And sends a massive message that we as a group of the most trusted and law biding people that WE do not want to  be treated like rubbish. 

However it’s not. And it never will. Unfortunately we are nothing more than income to ALL of our shooting organisations. 

Right where’s my coffee ?

Edited by stevo

Stevo shooting at static paper targets just not for me i find it boring To answer your question yes i shoot foxes.rabbits .crows.pheasants.ducks etc ITS not all about me killing i find the hunt more exciting pitting my wits against nature that has evolved over thousands of years Ive had plenty of days in the fields Hunting and not getting a shot but that like most hunters makes me love this SPORT. HEY if you like paper target shooting and enjoy it good on you but as i say in my original post not for me the sunsets and sunrises and misty fields full moons i could go on etc ive seen out trying to hunt u cant beat it Now wheres my Brandy:lol: