Flask

Cosd

My flask seems to have died a death and no longer retains heat  

My Shooting kit has improved greatly over the years where I have upgraded almost everything.  The flask is something I haven’t really invested in and so looking for something decent this time around. Used for coffee only. 

What at would you recommend to be the best for holding temperature the longest?

about average size is good, nothing monstrously big. 

Cos

I've got a thermos work series flask holds about a litre. Had it for about 15yrs. I use it daily. Only put boiling water in but when I empty it 24hs later you still can't bear to touch the water it' so hot. 

Thought it was expensive at the time ,about 30 quid, but it's been superb. 

Thanks gents. 

Got myself the Thermos Work series flask and worked fantastic. 

After a whole day out in freezing conditions, there was less than half a cup of coffee left in the flask when I got home, and it was piping hot. My last flask didn’t perform anything like this. 

Thanks again for for the suggestions 

Cos

I have had a few flasks now that have turned out rubbish to avoid the price tag of a Stanley flask, but enough is enough am going to bite the bullet now and go Stanley, in fact two....One for soup etc and one for brews ! On both the shoots I bet on lad have them and swear by them. Last week a lad who`s a milker made his flask at 5am and was poring piping hot brews at 3pm which is far better than any flask I have ever had. I have had Thermos, Aladin, Jack Pyke and others.... all have failed or been poor.

4 hours ago, Cosd said:

Thanks gents. 

Got myself the Thermos Work series flask and worked fantastic. 

After a whole day out in freezing conditions, there was less than half a cup of coffee left in the flask when I got home, and it was piping hot. My last flask didn’t perform anything like this. 

Thanks again for for the suggestions 

Cos

hello, i have a thermos king and the  thermos one to take soup or stew, oh in the winter i put a drop of stones ginger wine in the coffee

10 hours ago, salop sniper said:

I have had a few flasks now that have turned out rubbish to avoid the price tag of a Stanley flask, but enough is enough am going to bite the bullet now and go Stanley, in fact two....One for soup etc and one for brews ! On both the shoots I bet on lad have them and swear by them. Last week a lad who`s a milker made his flask at 5am and was poring piping hot brews at 3pm which is far better than any flask I have ever had. I have had Thermos, Aladin, Jack Pyke and others.... all have failed or been poor.

The Thermos Work series quote 24hrs hot or cold. I only had it with a coffee for 8 hrs and it was what seemed to be the same temperature as I’d made it. 

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2017 at 08:51, Penelope said:

This.

50 year guarantee.

https://www.thermosonline.co.uk/store/Thermos-Stainless-King-Flask-1-2L-Blue/sp_311

Bought two 1.2L and one .47L earlier this year.

I've got both of these, I use the small one when I'm on the foreshore, and the big one for work and pigeon shooting. They have been brilliant for the 10 years I've had them. 

I have a 20 year plus plain silver thermos it is still doing the job very well. I also have a smaller newer design one, it is a designer name which I cannot remember, has a fancy sleeve thing with deer on it, has a push in lid for one handed easy access anyway nice design but it is **** it does not hold heat for long. I also have a larger food type flask made by a company called chub who do fishing gear it is also good for tattie soup etc big wide opening and it is 17 years old. lol feeling old now.

On 1/26/2018 at 09:19, walshie said:

Based on this thread I recently bought a Thermos stainless king flask. It really does work. I made some coffee at 9 am and it was still piping hot at midnight. 

Just bought 2 of these from Amazon.

£19.99 each.happy days (and nights).

• 2 weeks later...