Manufrance Pump

nnorman32

A pal had one  about 20 years ago his was the Rapid model, had no barrel rib and was a alloy action frame, well made and handled ok from what i can remember, his was a well warn example and i do  remember he had it a few years and so it must have been ok..

Edited by lancer425

Acier is Steel so would infer that it’s proofed for steel possibly?

Try Manuchasse too in your search as we have some slug guns made by them and it’s possible the same?

Sorry to not be of any greater help

ps, don’t forget that when you search to type in Manufrance POMPE and not pump

Edited by Jaymo

I am a happy owner of a Manufrance pump 12 bore, 26 inch bbl, bought from the Bosher earlier this year..based on Remington 870, but with alloy block ( weighs under 6.5 lbs. ) Some parts interchange..Manufrance made parts for Remington back in the 80s, the 870 manual is quite relevant. When you pull the barrel to clean, forend needs to be about halfway in ( or out ?).

These are so cheap, better to buy a spare gun, and swap bits as needed. These are tough guns though, and well made ! Nice light walk up or hide gun, fine on clays. NOT ammo fussy..clean as needed ( i.e barrel only till action stiffens up ?) If 870 appeals, see Bosher for a nice one at half the price ( or less). Hope this helps !