Any one getting any in S YORKS

deadshot123

Good Morning all or afternoon

Where are all the pigeons we have not a single decent number round our way (doncaster) which have been worth going out too in the last 3 months.

despite driving round our perm most days which has a mixture of everything from woods to fields to lakes rivers etc.nothing showing just thought i would ask is any one having same issue in my area 

cheers sam 

Seen a few on some rape Wednesday, the big numbers I was seeing on stubble in September and October have disappeared, we have had a couple of inches snow here in the West Midlands, it might help put them on-to some rape but have yet to see any big numbers hitting rape, the only problem with snow is when it gets to deep the birds will start to move east, as I don’t think they have had any snow.

Our avenue about two hours ago.

08 Dec 2017 snow fall3.jpg

So with this snow covering everything I have been for a quick drive up the road to a couple of rape fields, one backs on-to a small wood and as always been a hot spot over the years, summer and winter, well there were about 100 birds sitting in the trees and nothing moving, walked them off and drove to the second field, about 30 birds sat in the trees around the field and not doing much, I walked theses off and watched it for 15 minutes, nothing, so back to the first field, nothing moving, 3 birds in the trees and nothing on the ground, sat there for half an hour, not a bird moving anywhere, so back home, more snow forecast over the weekend so I will be out first thing Monday and hopefully see some movement.  :)

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Seen a few on some rape Wednesday, the big numbers I was seeing on stubble in September and October have disappeared, we have had a couple of inches snow here in the West Midlands, it might help put them on-to some rape but have yet to see any big numbers hitting rape, the only problem with snow is when it gets to deep the birds will start to move east, as I don’t think they have had any snow.

Our avenue about two hours ago.

08 Dec 2017 snow fall3.jpg

Nice photo old un . I wouldn't mind some snow for tomorrows shoot , nothing better than walking about on a nice crisp day with a covering of snow on the landscape.

We are about as far east as you can get without getting your feet wet , so if your prediction is right then we should be seeing a some over the next few days:yahoo:

P S...... Very cold here with a bitterly cold wind , but as of yet ........... no snow

I was out over Rape on Tuesday  Worksop area, as I had seen plenty feeding a couple of days before, not a shot to be had, 300 or so were feeding stubble several fields away. The same yesterday only had one in about 3 hours, but observed good numbers feeding on stubble fields which I do not have access. They just wouldn't decoy, need a few consecutive days of harsh weather I think.