Greener, W. W. Martini action BEAST 12 gauge

Gun Watch

Greener, W. W. Martini action BEAST

£75

12 gauge Shotgun Trade Seller
Used - Poor Condition Kettering , Northamptonshire
Single Shot, Cylinder, -, 26" barrels
E4b46325-a0ec-47fb-818f-39f52ca754e7 5e680689-6932-44d2-abaf-852c30538ff2 F645df2f-bf9e-4286-a946-943949cc94be

Description

Well !! Where do I start!
I’m lost for words
What A Beautiful bit of English history!
Mint bore
2 1/2 inch chamber
Remember it’s not the size that matters !
14 1/4 inches “pull”
I’ve nick named it Errol !
Nothing to do with the 14 inches more to do with that ooooo Arrrrrr jimladd shiver me timbers look it has

What a Great toy
A must have !
Just think you can stroll into your bedroom knowing you now have 14 inches of vintage wood

The butt pad is the original steel one with the flip up compartment to hide your cleaning kit or any other essentials you might want to hide in there
Or place in there repeatedly if you’re funny that way and don’t mind the odd splinter

BARGAIN!!!

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member wabbitbosher. Message them here

View the full article

When I were a laad?.... my old dad had 3 of these. They all started life as .22 rifles, he bored one out to a 410 and another to 20 bore, leaving the other as the original .22 rifle with a sight on it called a prismatic that he bought for 7/6pence from Exchange and Mart. I used the 20 a bit and remember the thing kicking like a mule, probably not helped by the steel butt pad and being hand bored, who knows how tight the bore was. Fairly certain they were all illegal and were eventually handed into the plod in an amnesty. Still got the prismatic sights though. Remember shooting a hair once very early one morning, still dark and it came right up to where I was sat at the edge of a corn field, the old 20 blew it's head clean off (Clint Eastwood magnum style) Mmmmm memories......

1 hour ago, getthegat said:

When I were a laad?.... my old dad had 3 of these. They all started life as .22 rifles, he bored one out to a 410 and another to 20 bore, leaving the other as the original .22 rifle with a sight on it called a prismatic that he bought for 7/6pence from Exchange and Mart. I used the 20 a bit and remember the thing kicking like a mule, probably not helped by the steel butt pad and being hand bored, who knows how tight the bore was. Fairly certain they were all illegal and were eventually handed into the plod in an amnesty. Still got the prismatic sights though. Remember shooting a hair once very early one morning, still dark and it came right up to where I was sat at the edge of a corn field, the old 20 blew it's head clean off (Clint Eastwood magnum style) Mmmmm memories......

WOW !!! That would have been the martini Enfield, this one started out life as a 12 bore 

Vaguely remember there being some South African possibly police connection mentioned with the 3 dad had. Unconnected with these guns, but I once had a girlfriend who worked in a scrapyard and one time they had a load of gun parts come in, broken down ex army 303s mostly. I went through the pile of parts and found everything except a bolt and put one gun back together. A local gun shop found me a bolt and I can't remember if a 410 cartridge went straight in or if dad bored the thing out, but I had myself an almost free 410. Very laxed laws all those years ago.