How near, how far.

TIGHTCHOKE

51 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but your Scottish? from what i here you guys cant speak English so your opinion on the BREADCAKE situation is unwarranted as is that weird excuse for a sausage, square indeed!!!

Yes, now you're getting it, a square sausage roll.  The breakfast of champions.

46 minutes ago, Danger-Mouse said:

I'm sorry Graham, you know I respect your opinion on many things, but in this case . . .

1329da518ec28807bfc6b74bb048105cec42726b

I rather suspect the angry bloke in the meme would support my opinion :P

ssr2.jpg.6eaf45d33684895443d1cfe7a050986f.jpg

There you go, a square sausage roll with a tattie scone (or potato farl for the Irish) for good measure.

Edited by grrclark
To add in pictures of godly man food

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Yes, now you're getting it, a square sausage roll.  The breakfast of champions.

I rather suspect the angry bloke in the meme would support my opinion :P

ssr.jpg.12ee5699e8d0b16721a9ab4ca7240324.jpg

There you go, a square sausage roll with a tattie scone (or potato farl for the Irish) for good measure.

served in a breadcake

3 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

I appreciate Scotland has given us many wonderfull things, the deep fried mars bar,haggis and somwhere that makes the rest of the world look like a better place namely Glasgow and the most beautifull woman north of Hadrians wall namely Suzanne Boyle but that sausage is wrong!!!!

Hahaha only until you have one that is well cooked, a doubler with a soft fried egg, the tattie scone as above or a nice bit of Scottish black pudding and a sclery of brown sauce.  Fabulous stuff it is too.  Like a dirty pleasurable secret.

that would explain why i cant find a recipe, awesome food anytime, went to watch the games in Taynuilt and somebody shoved a bowl in my hand,they regretted it as i hounded them for MORE, i felt like Oliver, However, it is still a Breadcake!!!

Grrclark i owe you a pint I now know how to make "stovies":good:

2 hours ago, Winston72 said:

At the risk of derailing the thread

Never use an American source to verify correct English usage. 

The term  is either "comprises" or "composed of", but never "comprised of"

So bread cake is it a weird Scottish cake made from bread ? or a plain old bread bun so known in parts of England as a barm cake.  Scotland has gave us many great things like single malt and porridge but fried pies, lorn sausage and lard butties they can keep.  What on earth is a tatie scone, that’s plain wrong, scones have jam and cream or fruit. Not eggs and pink slab meat sausage. 

Stovies can be very nice or horrid greasy muck depending who has made them. Had them offshore. 

A bread cake is a Yorkshire thing apparently, we just call them rolls.  A tattie scone is the same as the Irish call a potato farl.  Convenience carbohydrates :P 

Stovies shouldn't be greasy, but if folks have added in meat with a high fat content then it can be greasy and that is horrid.  The best stovies, i think, are made using roast beef and not tinned corned beef.

On 08/12/2017 at 18:22, loriusgarrulus said:

Coffee or tea first thing with biscuits. Snack

Breakfast.

Elevensies. Usually a drink and snack

Or you could have brunch which replaces breakfast, elevenses and lunch with maybe a full english late morning.

Lunch something light at mid-day sometimes folks have cooked dinner now.

Afternoon tea. Cakes and a cuppa

Dinner main cooked meal early evening if you didn't have it at lunchtime sometimes followed by a pudding which is still part of dinner.

High tea which is what you have in early evening if you had dinner mid-day. Usually a lighter meal or sandwiches

Supper light meal or snack just before bedtime to keep you going overnight.

No wonder you've got that landrover Lori 

On 08/12/2017 at 18:13, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When Mike first went in to a pub in Carlisle he asked for a gin and tonic and was accused of being gay and drinking cocktails!

Probably best to get him checked out just in case. A course of leeches should effect a cure if it's only in the early stages.:good:

3 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the PIE people of Wigan yet ?????

Now a pie on a roll is a very fine thing.  The roll soaks up the grease, bit like using a slice of bread to soak up the gravy after your mince and tatties.

A pie is also known as a "peh" in my home town.  All the Scots will know where I mean, but how many other will? ?