Is it snowing yet

loriusgarrulus

Had any snow yet.

We haven't had more than a sprinkling near Crewe, but we went to Chirk today to pick up a rain barrel. It was 4-5" snow there. Fortunately we took the Defender. On the way back we  found a mini bus partially blocking the road as his back wheels had slid and he was stuck on the verge on a lane hill. Managed to squeeze past him and get the recovery strop on and got him up the hill to level road and set him on his way.

Stopped for a pit stop on the way back. Its was snowing well.

IMG_20171208_124138.jpg

Edited by loriusgarrulus

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dougy said:

Nothing round Burton On Trent. 

Nice offer to help the minibus. 

Its a Land Rover thing. You feel obliged to drag them out when you have the means for the sake of a few minutes. The Defender hardly knew it was on once we got him off the verge. We have the 8 ton recovery gear in the back. Dragged a ford fiesta out the mud near us last year and a classic MG out of a ditch on the Mountain road above Minera two weeks after we got the Defender.

There were bits around Leyland today apparently some over in Blackburn, think it was mostly ice, someone managed to skid and go off the M55 probably 7 police cars there with them looking down the verge?

Edited by Mice!
hooe it snows properly for the kids and me

Couple of light showers that didn't settle in south Worcestershire.  I have to go to London on Sunday and would have taken my Defender, but can't now as it doesn't meet the requirements for the low emission zone - so I will be RWD BMW 3 series - which is far from ideal in snow.

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

If you look to the right on my photograph there were 3 teenagers across the road. Two were in shorts with bare legs. :no:

There are still a number of blokes at my depot who turn up to work in shorts.

On the radio the other week they were talking to a postman who said in his depot there was a "last longer" bet for wearing them. He reckoned he'd go straight through the winter.

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

Plenty in shropshire. Probably had 8 inches in places. And it’s still snowing. Forecast a cold night tonight and another big dump of snow on Sunday. I’ve pushed cars, dug cars out and directed traffic for half of the afternoon!

Just steer clear of shrewsbury, it’s been chaos all day!! Traffic was horrendous!