Is it snowing yet

loriusgarrulus

19 minutes ago, Lord Geordie said:

Oh! Lazy refuse collectors? That's a different story! :lol:

dont start lol.

my  loaders walked 13.7 miles in the snow today , for anyone that reckons bin men are lazy , go grab your bin , and do a half marathon in the snow lol.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

dont start lol.

my  loaders walked 13.7 miles in the snow today , for anyone that reckons bin men are lazy , go grab your bin , and do a half marathon in the snow lol.

I do it every week when they forget to empty it ;)

just jossin with you. I know they ain't lazy, my cousin is a binman. 

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

dont start lol.

Your'e 'Loaders', bloomin eck, I'll bet that cost you one hell of a tip  !     (pun intended)

:yes:

we only forget the ones that dont give us biscuits and sweets 

2 minutes ago, Westley said:

Your'e 'Loaders', bloomin eck, I'll bet that cost you one hell of a tip  !     (pun intended)

yep , i gave them a tip .   dont eat the yellow snow :lol:

37 minutes ago, Danger-Mouse said:

There are still a number of blokes at my depot who turn up to work in shorts.

On the radio the other week they were talking to a postman who said in his depot there was a "last longer" bet for wearing them. He reckoned he'd go straight through the winter.

heard this a few times, bets and raising money for charity, asked a lass a while back was she not cold in shorts. She said shorts were better than long wet pants, not going through brambles and nettles though.

45 minutes ago, Westley said:

I do have to laugh when I see the Country brought to a standstill by 1"  or   28mm  of snow.  I spent my entire working life as a 'Public Servant' and one way or another we always got to our calls and all without 4 x 4's too.

+2

watching motorists crawl along a road with light dusting really gets my goat. Even chaps in 4x4s :lol:

4 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Its a Land Rover thing. You feel obliged to drag them out when you have the means for the sake of a few minutes. The Defender hardly knew it was on once we got him off the verge. We have the 8 ton recovery gear in the back. Dragged a ford fiesta out the mud near us last year and a classic MG out of a ditch on the Mountain road above Minera two weeks after we got the Defender.

Would you mind giving me a tow ? 

Left my Toyota in a field tonight,Well stuck :-( 

Gamekeeper not going to be happy with me. 

15 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Its a Land Rover thing. You feel obliged to drag them out when you have the means for the sake of a few minutes. The Defender hardly knew it was on once we got him off the verge. We have the 8 ton recovery gear in the back. Dragged a ford fiesta out the mud near us last year and a classic MG out of a ditch on the Mountain road above Minera two weeks after we got the Defender.

I suppose it's a nice change to be in a landrover in front of another vehicle for once :)

this was the view from the bottom of my garden yesterday

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, Westley said:

I do have to laugh when I see the Country brought to a standstill by 1"  or   28mm  of snow.  I spent my entire working life as a 'Public Servant' and one way or another we always got to our calls and all without 4 x 4's too.

Actually 1” inch = 25.4mm :whistling:

Lovely morning here, calm and sunny but bloody cold, big dump of snow forecast for tonight and into Monday, the rush hour on Monday should be fun, glad I will not be part of it. :)

Edited by old'un