Is it snowing yet

loriusgarrulus

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, norfolk dumpling said:

Nought here in Norfolk but to hear the newsreaders you would think it was roof-high. Suspect from the Met Office predictions a bit of sleet and slush. However in Norfolk that alone can cause chaos. We are not good drivers in even a scattering of the white stuff. In fact stupidity comes to mind.

Not just Norfolk, I'm waiting for the first vehicle to attempt the road outside and see how many other cars they clip on the way :sad1:

Still snowing here, had about 3 inches over night and starting to drift in the wind,

Sent wife out to clear a path down the bottom of garden where we feed the birds, hope it doesn’t snow to heavy as she as still got the front to do.:whistling:

s in garden.jpg

13 hours ago, Westley said:

Don't tell my wife that though  !     

:lol::good:

8 minutes ago, clakk said:

LOL my wife would give me a knuckle sarnie if i  tried the same ,spent yesterday beating in a blizzard then 2  o clock the sun appeared and melted it all away .But now deep as can be and blowing a good hooli of snow well impressed 

I say sent, actually she volunteered, but I did get the snow shovel for her.:yes:

We are fortunate this time Scotlands got no snow but i live in a cul de sac and although you never see or know anybody else in the street everybody  came together and cleared the road to get in or out it could of been bad  as you come up a slight  incline  then it goes down a hill to the turning circle where the grit bin is and by day 2 of the snow that was empty . The only guy as usual who did nothing was the  guy next door took early retirement and maybe figured as hes not going out and in he dont need to clear it 

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

Is it still there?

I was looking at getting a solid metal pulling bar for my pathfinder there only £25 but do you need a tow bar  on your car  to put it on ?.

I have just got in from Peterborough, you would think we have had 3 feet of snow.

How many 4x4s with women drivers were crawling along the A47 Dual Carriageway at 25 holding everyone up.

Police traffic car waiting at the end of the dual carriageway for the next numpty who doesn't slow down for the roundabout and goes straight on. The first one was already parked in the hawthorn hedge!

Fog lights or auxiliary lights being used incorrectly, who teaches these people?

If you are not comfortable driving in the snow, stay at home!

PLEASE.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have just got in from Peterborough, you would think we have had 3 feet of snow.

How many 4x4s with women drivers were crawling along the A47 Dual Carriageway at 25 holding everyone up.

Police traffic car waiting at the end of the dual carriageway for the next numpty who doesn't slow down for the roundabout and goes straight on. The first one was already parked in the hawthorn hedge!

Fog lights or auxiliary lights being used incorrectly, who teaches these people?

If you are not comfortable driving in the snow, stay at home!

PLEASE.

Exactly the reasons to why I will not be venturing out today.