Ridgeline Clothing,

redial

8 hours ago, Cawdor118 said:

Aye but expect to sweat like your wearing a bin bag... 

8 hours ago, andrewluke said:

it's the same for all makes

I remember reading somewhere when I was looking at possibly buying some that Ridgeline's membrane has a MVP rate of 3000/m/24hr. Most better mid-range fabrics are at least 10-15k and your very high end kit will be 20k plus. 

I wouldn't be touching it with a barge pole. 

Having said that the main contribution to feeling sweaty inside a garment is wearing too much underneath and especially wearing non-breathable kit underneath. 

I have the (old style) Pintail Smock...

It's sold as waterproof, it isn't. It's shower proof (and you need to keep it clean for the fabric to work properly, I Nikwax'd it to solve that.). I've had it for 3-4 years now, and it's still pretty much like new. I wear it for work (shepherd), and when out shooting. I've been out lamping the last 3 weekends in all this frost and snow - heavy cotton Polo shirt, fleece pullover over and the Ridgeline smock Is all Iv had on my top half and Iv been toastie. It keeps the heat in, and breaks the wind, too.

IMO Ridgeline have been smart, functional clothing which looks cheap compared to Swazi or Harkila... but it's still expensive for what it is (but they are all over priced).