CIGARS

MR. BROWN

Sitting back enjoying a nice, meaty little Partagas Short and wondered if any fellow shooters also enjoy the leaf ....

My favourite vitola is the Corona Gorda, of which the H.Upmann Magnum 46 has been the most pleasurable and consistent, with it's no nonsense full medium body and rich earthy flavours.

( Although. I'm also currently loving a sweet little cabinet of Por Larranaga Petite Coronas. )

Gave up smoking in 1985 - both cigarettes and cigars.

These days I really dislike the smell of cigarette smoke but the smell of a good cigar is something completely different. When one wafts my way it's like the "Aaaah Bisto" advert. But I daren't succumb as they say once a smoker always a smoker. So enjoy.

signed........... Green with envy.

46 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Gave up smoking - both cigarettes and cigars.

These days I really dislike the smell of cigarette smoke but the smell of a good cigar is something completely different. When one wafts my way it's like the "Aaaah Bisto" advert. But I daren't succumb as they say once a smoker always a smoker. So enjoy.

Similar story here, but used to smoke a pipe in later years - the late much lamented Balkan Sobranie mixture .......... if you could still get that - it might be another story ....... but not smoked at all for probably well over 10 years now.

I used to love a cigar when I smoked. It was the only thing I missed when I packed in the cigarettes. 

Funny I don’t miss it anymore, don’t mind a light waft of the smell but when I see the thick pungent blue smoke I think ouch not good for you as I used to inhale them. 

I do have the odd cigar, in fact, shooting gives me a good reason to be outside for long enough to have a smoke -- quite rarely tho. I don't smoke anything else, gave up cigs many, many years ago. I perhaps have one every 6 months, so even my wife can't really complain!

My favourite are robusto based, mostly chilians, very dark, sweet tobaco -- damn I could do with one, thinking about it; I'll make sure I pack one for next friday on the pheasants :-)

I don't got for large cigars tho, they can become a bit of a nuisance after a while, especially if you are active.

Last year on the pigeons. It was a bit of a joke photo Mrs Buze took to send to her parents. she calls it my Che Guevara look :-)

K6cStDs.jpg

Just been to my man cave to make sure I got the name of my favourite brand correct, its a H Upmann Junior Corona. Nice and mellow. Especially  nice overlooking the West Ranga river Iceland, with a cold beer, watching salmon jump...having caught a few of course! (trip of a lifetime 2 years ago)

Cheers

Aled

I like the odd cigar, my favourite are hajenius (spelling) from amsterdam.

The only problem I find is that to enjoy them you need to be sat down, inside for a good 45mins or so. Which doesn't seem to be possible that much. 

Thats why i seem to keep going back to the fags ?

13 hours ago, Bobba said:

Gave up smoking in 1985 - both cigarettes and cigars.

Same here, used to love a good cigar, much to the annoyance of the wife.If i started again it would be a decent cigar that would do it, but 13 years "clean" would be foolish to start again.