Chris green and his pump gun

flippermaj

Just watched the new Chris green dvd and as ever the poor chap has no luck with his guns.

if anyone has seen it there is a clip where he takes a shot at a pintail while in his canoe, misses and pumps the gun ejecting the empty cleanly but when he pulls the trigger for the second shot it is empty so you see him cycle it again before getting the second shot off, did he short stroke it even though the first cartridge ejected fine?

second disaster for him was jamming the pump completely, he ended with the bolt stuck in the barrel, how does that happen?.

??

cheers. Flipper

10 hours ago, flippermaj said:

Just watched the new Chris green dvd and as ever the poor chap has no luck with his guns.

if anyone has seen it there is a clip where he takes a shot at a pintail while in his canoe, misses and pumps the gun ejecting the empty cleanly but when he pulls the trigger for the second shot it is empty so you see him cycle it again before getting the second shot off, did he short stroke it even though the first cartridge ejected fine?

second disaster for him was jamming the pump completely, he ended with the bolt stuck in the barrel, how does that happen?.

??

cheers. Flipper

Just my opinion Flipper i think the bloke is a complete Buffoon that stems from hearing him many years ago spouting a load of poooo at a Show I'd not watch a Video of his if he/you paid me :good:

i had the same gun a while back. the gun will eject the cartridge itself with the recoil so you only need to push forward after each shot. takes a while to get used to it. not like a normal pump. if you try to pump it normally you often end with two cartridges in the breach. i sent mine back with a list of problems. cheap turkish ****

Norfolk crowd thought he was hilarious.   His lab lopped off into the audience after a burger that someone had dropped and wouldn't come back...

Bought the house down.   He means well but I think it is only his grossly exaggerated Cornish accent that gets him on stage.   He has very little original material in his act or videos.   Not for me I'm afraid. 

22 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

Norfolk crowd thought he was hilarious.   His lab lopped off into the audience after a burger that someone had dropped and wouldn't come back...

Bought the house down.   He means well but I think it is only his grossly exaggerated Cornish accent that gets him on stage.   He has very little original material in his act or videos.   Not for me I'm afraid. 

Not sure what you mean by saying there is little original material in his videos.

I have every DVD he has made. They are all entertaining in their own way. I will continue to buy them.

I take it the pump CG is using in his new vid  is an SXP Winchester, i have never ev en seen an SXP but was told they are a copy of the old 1200 1300 winchester pump, with invector plus barrel and choke system.

The old Winchester 1200s were reliable and functioned smooth and fast, but like any pump they need operating correctly to get them to function properly.

I put it down to operator error rather than they being cheap Turkish built, have heard many on here say they use SXPs and majority seem to be working fine. 

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

I put it down to operator error rather than they being cheap Turkish built, have heard many on here say they use SXPs and majority seem to be working fine. 

100% correct mate :good: having used my old Aya no3 Mag lately i took my SXP 26" for a flight last night first 3 shots tripled a bunch of Widgeon then tripled a bunch of Mallard then 4 doubles at Mallard all flighting over.

Personally i don't even know I've worked the action and Yes when fired it blows the action back 

13 minutes ago, flippermaj said:

Hey Boyd, I recon you should make a dvd or two:good:!!!

cheers flipper

I was filmed ( Cine-Film shows my age )  years ago shooting Barnacle Geese Greenland Whitefronts along with Ducks on Islay Ducks on Lancashire Moorland Pools and loads of times shooting Pink's.

I've got a Goose Shooting Video in mind But as yet can't find/know of a Film producer I'd trust someone 8-9 years ago was all keen took for a Pink flight yet another who was full of Bull. 

10 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

I was filmed ( Cine-Film shows my age )  years ago shooting Barnacle Geese Greenland Whitefronts along with Ducks on Islay Ducks on Lancashire Moorland Pools and loads of times shooting Pink's.

I've got a Goose Shooting Video in mind But as yet can't find/know of a Film producer I'd trust someone 8-9 years ago was all keen took for a Pink flight yet another who was full of Bull. 

you have PM

7 hours ago, motty said:

Not sure what you mean by saying there is little original material in his videos.

I have every DVD he has made. They are all entertaining in their own way. I will continue to buy them.

I tend to agree with you , I have got all the fowling ones and the new one came through my letterbox yesterday , I will no doubt watch it over the Christmas period on a day like today with a nice cup of tea and a mince pie ,  :yes:.

All right , you mustn't take them to seriously but I like his hands on approach and he isnt  frightened to get his feet wet and go out when it gets a bit parky  ,

CG is an entertainer. He is also an interesting man who has had an interesting life. However, the videos he makes are "reality television" and you must not take them too seriously.

I  helped him with some early stuff and as a result have seen all but his latest. I can not imagine buying them nor watching any of them more than once but this goes for every attempt at a wildfowling video save "The Puntgunners" which I find a bit special for personal reasons but many would not. 

8 hours ago, lancer425 said:

I take it the pump CG is using in his new vid  is an SXP Winchester, i have never ev en seen an SXP but was told they are a copy of the old 1200 1300 winchester pump, with invector plus barrel and choke system.

The old Winchester 1200s were reliable and functioned smooth and fast, but like any pump they need operating correctly to get them to function properly.

say mine was not operator error. i had so many problems with it infact i sent it back 3 times before i said enough is enough. ive owned severel pumps over the years abd currently have one now for my fowling. the sxp was the worst. i might have been a one off but it put me off the brand  . 

I’m not sure if he’s trained his lab to ignore him at certain times with some signal as it did it at a show I saw him at a few years ago.  He told it to fetch and it looked at him wandered off and started peeing up the fence surrounding the display area.  His toilet roll and feather loaded carts are a joke and some in the audience chuckle others groan. 

Hes making a living from it and not many can so fair play to the fella.

18 hours ago, figgy said:

I’m not sure if he’s trained his lab to ignore him at certain times with some signal as it did it at a show I saw him at a few years ago.  He told it to fetch and it looked at him wandered off and started peeing up the fence surrounding the display area.  His toilet roll and feather loaded carts are a joke and some in the audience chuckle others groan. 

Hes making a living from it and not many can so fair play to the fella.

His lab is about as strong headed as mine, mine will do the same especially with dummies or at shows.