Izuzu dmax or l200

mk70

My series 5 L200 is great put some bf Goodrich at ko2 tires on and jobs a good one 

no bother at all and I average 32 mpg with a slightly heavy foot often doing 70-80 to Work most days 

but I am tempted with the dmax next time around 

Edited by jay404

34 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Any ash trays in yours? 

I wouldn’t say dedicated ash tray no it’s in front of the gear lever I use it for change .. as I don’t smoke but if you did it would be easy to burn the dash or gear lever as it would be awkward 

something  never looked for to be honest 

43 minutes ago, jay404 said:

I wouldn’t say dedicated ash tray no it’s in front of the gear lever I use it for change .. as I don’t smoke but if you did it would be easy to burn the dash or gear lever as it would be awkward 

something  never looked for to be honest 

Thanks for your reply I couldn’t find one either 

cigar lighter though and a stupid charger socket inside the arm rest 

looks like I’d better get a coke can for the smoker ??

all the best 

of 

Depends what you are doing...

I've heard the mk5 l200 is softer than older models. But if you just want a 4wd car that you can chuck stuff into the back of, I reckon it'll be a good buy.

Isuzu will probably rust out quicker. But if you do a lot of towing, it will be much better than the l200 - which is quite a bit lighter kerb weight. Isuzu also tows the full 3.5t.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just bought my 3rd Dmax. Blade Auto, with raised suspension. My last Dmax had 93000 in 3 years, it was a Utah auto. On slippery roads just turn the knob to change from 2 wheel high to 4 wheel high on the fly. You need to stop and shift to neutral to engage low box and then you have seriously good off road capability.

I have a 15 plate l200 . It's the best of roader I have ever had ,and I have had most of them encluding 3 land rovers . The diff locks and traction control make a big difference in the soft stuff ,and yes you can run them in four wheel drive on tarmack roads without causing damage .i tend to leave mine in four wheel drive as it tends to drive and corner better with all wheels driving .

harnser

Edited by Harnser

My L200 has been wonderful, so easy and enjoyable to drive on the motorway or off road. The lighter block gives good mpg compared with anything else. Lots of kit as standard that you may have to pay for as options on other. I Pcp one at £250 a month including road tax. I'll be getting another.