Best place to buy de-act sbs

lopylui

Iv been looking on the web for a deactivated sbs for the lad to hang on the wall. Are there any suppliers you can recommend that might not have been top of a Google search? Not wanting anything fancy like Damascus barrels and engraving just a low price deact as a talking piece with his friends.

1 hour ago, Snoozer said:

I am sure Bosher would deactivate a cheapy and rfd or you could visit him and fill your Boots Gun Cabinet.

:lol:

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Real-gun.com. Got myself a cracking old hammer gun a while back. 

I have been looking on there today a rather nice selection 

Watch out for sawn off deac shotguns because unless the barrel length on the certificate matches the actual length then it has been mucked about with and should be avoided. A guy in the trade, he deactivated guns, said that there are very few legit sawn off deac shotguns because a sawn off shotgun is illegal by the nature of the sawing off. As it is illegal to have one and the shotgun remains live until the deac cert is issued there is no step where it can be converted, there are exeptions for movies etc. A bit miffed, to say in the least, that the government has essentially banned the sale of all older spec deacs unless they get resubmitted to the latest specs. Weirdly its not illegal to buy them but I cannot sell, gift or give away any of my deacs as they are all pre the latest EU inspired spec. grrr I do have some interesting things though

20 minutes ago, Lord O War said:

Watch out for sawn off deac shotguns because unless the barrel length on the certificate matches the actual length then it has been mucked about with and should be avoided. A guy in the trade, he deactivated guns, said that there are very few legit sawn off deac shotguns because a sawn off shotgun is illegal by the nature of the sawing off. As it is illegal to have one and the shotgun remains live until the deac cert is issued there is no step where it can be converted, there are exeptions for movies etc. A bit miffed, to say in the least, that the government has essentially banned the sale of all older spec deacs unless they get resubmitted to the latest specs. Weirdly its not illegal to buy them but I cannot sell, gift or give away any of my deacs as they are all pre the latest EU inspired spec. grrr I do have some interesting things though

Any chance you want to share some pictures of your raritys. I love a bit of history.

Thanks, they are all old spec cock and click that I cannot sell unless I get them deactivated to the latest spec. I think I have about 50 all together plus accessories like mags, bayonets, optics etc. I think the M4 was a UK made one by defense distributed with semi and full auto. I am going to have to check now lol